Home

Getting Madden 07 360 any reason to get this---?

This is a discussion on Getting Madden 07 360 any reason to get this---? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #1
*dv*nc*d L*rk*r

OVR: 4
Getting Madden 07 360 any reason to get this---?

Hi --- not a big college football fan (but I do love the option)-- any big gameplay differences/ reasons to get this and Madden ? (I know the typical responses -- RENT IT AND TRY IT OUT YOURSELF --- but looking for some input)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Getting Madden 07 360 any reason to get this---?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzicc
Hi --- not a big college football fan (but I do love the option)-- any big gameplay differences/ reasons to get this and Madden ? (I know the typical responses -- RENT IT AND TRY IT OUT YOURSELF --- but looking for some input)
I enjoy the recruiting and building of the program. All the different venues and play styles (more eclectic from the NFL) are fun.

Madden's grass looks great, and some of the animations are looking smooth. Guess its just personal preference. Maybe other guys can give better input.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #3
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

I got Madden every year from like, 1993 (had some of the earlier ones as well), and I still do. I didn't purchase NCAA until I think the 2002 or 2003 release, and I have been in love with it since.

The game is not "Madden with college players", it is a completely different game from the presentation, to gameplay, to just overall "feel" of the game. I'm the biggest Madden fan around, (getting it every year, entering Madden Challenge, etc.), but I would have to say I'm a bigger NCAA fan now than I am Madden.

Also, if you aren't that into the college game, NCAA 2007 will help you a TON. I was a marginal college fan before I started playing the games. I knew the main players in the college game, I knew who were the good teams, who were the great prospects, etc, but now I am an avid fan and love the college football season more and more.

Buy it.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
*dv*nc*d L*rk*r

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
I got Madden every year from like, 1993 (had some of the earlier ones as well), and I still do. I didn't purchase NCAA until I think the 2002 or 2003 release, and I have been in love with it since.

The game is not "Madden with college players", it is a completely different game from the presentation, to gameplay, to just overall "feel" of the game. I'm the biggest Madden fan around, (getting it every year, entering Madden Challenge, etc.), but I would have to say I'm a bigger NCAA fan now than I am Madden.

Also, if you aren't that into the college game, NCAA 2007 will help you a TON. I was a marginal college fan before I started playing the games. I knew the main players in the college game, I knew who were the good teams, who were the great prospects, etc, but now I am an avid fan and love the college football season more and more.

Buy it.

Great input--- wondering how the "dynasty" modes compare --- Is the recruiting mode - fun ? (in a geeky kind of way...) ---- Do a majority of people who buy both buy it for the gameplay difference or the Dynasty differences?
Old 07-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I haven't tried a Madden-generated draft class in 2006. But I have in 2005 through 2003, and I can say that those players' attributes were wildly inconsistent. WRs with 99 speed and 72 acceleration, "Pocket-Passer" QBs with 89 speed (but 40 agility and acceleration) and WRs with 24 stamina.

If you like Franchise mode you won't get any of those wacky ratings for rookies when you import players from NCAA to Madden. Plus you'll get to draft and play against some real top college stars like Brady Quinn, A.D. Peterson, and Ted Ginn Jr.

You don't even need to name all the players either; you could just name the top 20 or so at each position (save for Kickers) at the end of every dynasty year (just before you head into off-season recruiting) for the first 2-3 seasons if you wanted. It shouldn't take anymore than an hour or so, it would boost your awareness at least slightly about these college stars so that when they turn pro for real, you have a basic idea of what type of players they are.

Not to mention (at least for me, anyway) EA has led me into watching more college football and NHL (in the 16- and 32-bit days, at least) just because I played the video games. Maybe that will happen for you, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2006, 09:13 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
I totally agree. The games ARE different and you owe it to yourself to play NCAA which is more fun than Madden by a long shot imo (and I too watch much more NFL than college football).

Dynasty is also better since recruiting is more fun and your team is constantly changing.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #7
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzicc
Great input--- wondering how the "dynasty" modes compare --- Is the recruiting mode - fun ? (in a geeky kind of way...) ---- Do a majority of people who buy both buy it for the gameplay difference or the Dynasty differences?
I am a huge Franchise geek. When that first came out for Madden I went nuts over it, and as it evolves I love it more and more. (I still don't really understand why I haven't bought NFL HC for xbox...Oh ya, probably because I have spent so much money on my 360)

But with all that said, Dynasty mode is leaps and bounds better than Franchise. You are very limited to what you can do in a Franchise compared to Dynasty. The college game is so much deeper when it comes to what you can do on the field, to recruting over signing/drafting, etc etc etc.

You will not be upset about this purchase.

I originally bought it to get more into the college game and because I liked College Basketball games, and how you recruited. So, in that sense, I bought it because of the differences in the Dynasty vs. Franchise. But the gameplay difference is a whole other reason to buy it alone.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:43 AM   #8
*dv*nc*d L*rk*r

Quote:
I am a huge Franchise geek. When that first came out for Madden I went nuts over it, and as it evolves I love it more and more. (I still don't really understand why I haven't bought NFL HC for xbox...Oh ya, probably because I have spent so much money on my 360)

But with all that said, Dynasty mode is leaps and bounds better than Franchise. You are very limited to what you can do in a Franchise compared to Dynasty. The college game is so much deeper when it comes to what you can do on the field, to recruting over signing/drafting, etc etc etc.

You will not be upset about this purchase.

I originally bought it to get more into the college game and because I liked College Basketball games, and how you recruited. So, in that sense, I bought it because of the differences in the Dynasty vs. Franchise. But the gameplay difference is a whole other reason to buy it alone.

okay you guys convinced me to use my $15 ea email gift certificate... ( bTW I assume you guys get these coupons from EA(every other month approx.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »