Home

DEMO TO HIT TONIGHT OR FRIDAY!!!!

This is a discussion on DEMO TO HIT TONIGHT OR FRIDAY!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: DEMO TO HIT TONIGHT OR FRIDAY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
It worked in thier favor with Fight Night.
Likewise, I doubt they would do it if they didn't think it would be to their benefit.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #50
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I find it very hard to believe this will be out before the game is in stores for the simple fact people may find something minor about it they don't like and just choose to not purchase the game. I know that's the purpose of demos but I just find it hard to believe EA is willing to take that chance considering how finicky sports gamers are.
Or it shows confidence in your product. As well as gives a nod of appreciation to their consumers. I agree w/you, it opens themselves to a lot of criticism. But imo there should be no need to trick the consumer - if the product is lacking, it's lacking. I give them a big thumbs up if they do put it out, just as other developers deserve credit when they put demos out before a game releases

And this is NCAA/Madden. Even if it does suck, most that were going to purchase the game still will purchase it
Old 07-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #51
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
And this is NCAA/Madden. Even if it does suck, most that were going to purchase the game still will purchase it
Exactly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #52
Pro

GP Mercy's Arena

OVR: 9

What if they charged you to play the demo? 1 MP for every minute. How much would you be willing to pay?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Mercy
What if they charged you to play the demo? 1 MP for every minute. How much would you be willing to pay?
Not one red cent...no way am I paying specifically for a demo.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:36 PM   #54
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I find it very hard to believe this will be out before the game is in stores for the simple fact people may find something minor about it they don't like and just choose to not purchase the game. I know that's the purpose of demos but I just find it hard to believe EA is willing to take that chance considering how finicky sports gamers are.
Emphasis mine.

You're missing the point, ODogg. The demo isn't for us, for sports gamers. We're probably buying the game anyways, and those hardcore gamer sales that might be lost would be more than compensated for by sales from more casual gamers.

This demo release isn't targeted at OS - it's targeted at IGN. Guys whose sports gaming ends at Madden, and might not even be aware NCAA exists. It's to get attention from those people who will try every demo that hits the Marketplace, and might get captured by this title.

It's a really slow market these past few weeks, and it's in EA's interest to capitalize on that with a well-timed demo.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #55
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

As a 360 noob (I just bought one last Saturday, haven't even taken it out of the box yet) can someone explain to me how this works? Do you have to have a Gold membership to download demos?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #56
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
As a 360 noob (I just bought one last Saturday, haven't even taken it out of the box yet) can someone explain to me how this works? Do you have to have a Gold membership to download demos?
Nope just to play online....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »