Home

Player Editor is Stripped Down for 360

This is a discussion on Player Editor is Stripped Down for 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2006, 12:53 AM   #25
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Player Editor is Stripped Down for 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverhorn
Come on...all sports are centered around the players. If I had a nickle for everytime someone said Vince Young beat USC, I'd be a rich man. No one cares about "team" anymore...it's Reggie Bush this and Brady Quinn that. I know that maybe EA doesn't care about the hardcore gamer, but they didn't get a stadium to pose for their cover did they? The point I was making is, if you go to all the trouble to get some guy to go to all these stadiums and map them out to scale, and add some scientific equation that puts the sun in it's exact position during all times of the day, why not let us "hardcore" gamers edit our players to represent our favorite real life football heroes in the same detail?
How Young played beat USC. He didn't beat him because he had a orange wristband on his left right and some tape on his right ankle.

Guess I'm not a real hardcore fan, since I don't really care enough about correct equipment to complain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2006, 12:57 AM   #26
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverhorn
Come on...all sports are centered around the players. If I had a nickle for everytime someone said Vince Young beat USC, I'd be a rich man. No one cares about "team" anymore...it's Reggie Bush this and Brady Quinn that. I know that maybe EA doesn't care about the hardcore gamer, but they didn't get a stadium to pose for their cover did they? The point I was making is, if you go to all the trouble to get some guy to go to all these stadiums and map them out to scale, and add some scientific equation that puts the sun in it's exact position during all times of the day, why not let us "hardcore" gamers edit our players to represent our favorite real life football heroes in the same detail?
Because in the time frame they had to do things a player editor wasn't as high of a priority as the other things. You make it seem like they wanted to leave things like a players editor out.

As I said, it's disapppointing, as I do usually edit my incoming recruits. But I'd still rather play the football part of the game, more than the dress up your players part of the game.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:59 AM   #27
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Lets admit it guys, player equipment isnt the only thing EA stripped down for the 360, its turning out to be Madden 360 with better gameplay and the same graphics and watered down features
Old 07-13-2006, 01:02 AM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxiiixi
Lets admit it guys, player equipment isnt the only thing EA stripped down for the 360, its turning out to be Madden 360 with better gameplay and the same graphics and watered down features
Fight on with that crusade!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:04 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Some people enjoy dressing up their players more than playing football. That's their perrogative.

I think being able to edit gear is important. It's not as important as gameplay but you do want to have the abililty to put long sleeves on guy's in cold weather games. Make certain guy's unique like some College QB's wear a glove on one hand in cold weather games.

I usually edit about 5-10 players per team so it's an option I'll miss this year. But gameplay is the most important aspect 1st and the player editing kinda gives the players a more lively look on the field.

Like in Madden a guy like Deon Sanders over the years was high maitenance on the field with his gear. It's kinda like B-Ball games you want your players in proper kicks on courts because it makes them look more like the real deal.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:06 AM   #30
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Because in the time frame they had to do things a player editor wasn't as high of a priority as the other things. You make it seem like they wanted to leave things like a players editor out.

As I said, it's disapppointing, as I do usually edit my incoming recruits. But I'd still rather play the football part of the game, more than the dress up your players part of the game.
how much does EA pay you? I think the AVERAGE person that will consider to buy the 360 game should be dissapointed but of course you still find gameplay goodness out of it...I REALLY want to buy this game for the 360, but EA makes it harder every time new info about the game is leaked, seems like they are waiting to have "new", "amazing" features in 08...i can picture it on EA's site:

NCAA Football 08 New Key Features:
-Play Editor: Edit your player's accessories, pads, shoes and sock colors (Only on the 360 version)
-Alternate Uniforms: For the first time ever, alternate uniforms are avaliable to the user with the game.
-Campus Legend Mode: Create your legend, try out, and get recruited by different programs. Do YOU have what it takes to balance games and become a college football legend?
-Create-a-Team: Customize the team name, location, stadium and uniforms!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:07 AM   #31
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

OVR: 4

Bottom line, my point is valid. I would love to say gameplay was what I was most looking forward to but I don't expect much from EA in that department. I don't care as much about the f'n wristbands, but when I create Vince Young and put him in my fantasy dynasty and his helmet is all jacked up with a dark visor, it's gonna piss me off. You can argue with me all night, but EA dropped the ball on this, there is no other way to spin it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2006, 01:07 AM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think being able to edit gear is important. It's not as important as gameplay but you do want to have the abililty to put long sleeves on guy's in cold weather games. Make certain guy's unique like some College QB's wear a glove on one hand in cold weather games.

I usually edit about 5-10 players per team so it's an option I'll miss this year. But gameplay is the most important aspect 1st and the player editing kinda gives the players a more lively look on the field.

Like in Madden a guy like Deon Sanders over the years was high maitenance on the field with his gear. It's kinda like B-Ball games you want your players in proper kicks on courts because it makes them look more like the real deal.
I don't disagree. But in no means do I see this as a dealbreaker, nor do I think it's worth some of the tantrum's we've seen in this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »