Home

Player Ratings & Randomly Generated Player Equipment

This is a discussion on Player Ratings & Randomly Generated Player Equipment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Player Ratings & Randomly Generated Player Equipment

I've noticed a lot of defensive players sporting the quarterback wrist band (the one where it looks like plays are written on it) on an arm which makes me think the whole thing is random.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:14 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

As I've stated before, my fear with no ability to edit equipment lies within dynasty mode where the CPU will randomly generate recruits for you each year.

I don't want to see my newly recruited freshman kicker wearing a lineman's full facemask and neckbrace. I hope that there is just either the equipment randomness has been worked in nicely by EA, or each position has a specific equipment set that looks reasonable.

Looks like I'll have to learn to deal w/those butt ugly Revolution helmets for a year.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #11
Rookie

isd71's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman
I've noticed a lot of defensive players sporting the quarterback wrist band (the one where it looks like plays are written on it) on an arm which makes me think the whole thing is random.
In real life most teams use those bands on defense. If not the whole team atleast one linebacker does so you can change the d based on how they line up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by isd71
In real life most teams use those bands on defense. If not the whole team atleast one linebacker does so you can change the d based on how they line up.
Yeah, at the HS I coach at, our entire defense wears them. We have a number and color code system on each wristband. A lot of HS offenses around here have gone to the no huddle and this allows me to make calls a WHOLE lot faster as well as give our LB's quicker gap/coverage reads and CB's quicker coverage adjustments.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:43 PM   #13
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

In the latest versions of the game, the cpu has always randomly generated equipment for incoming recruits. They seem to do everything reasonable, i.e. kickers not having full facemasks. I dont see why that would change now. I think for the most part they have done a good job getting the real players equipment pretty good so there is not a huge need to edit stuff, at least for the star players anyway. I wonder if JD Booty plans on wearing gloves this year. That is the only major weird thing I have seen so far as far as equipment goes.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #14
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

From another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffsardine
I created a wide out and the game gave im some pretty standard issue gear. Sweat bands above the elbow and dark gloves. He did, however, make an awesome catch when I was taking the pics...check out him dragging his toe in the last picture.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »