Home

Items Missing From The Manual (360)

This is a discussion on Items Missing From The Manual (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5
Items Missing From The Manual (360)

The more I play, the more little things I'm finding you are able to do that are not listed anywhere in the manual. I'm loving the game and then some, but come on EA, it's one thing to skimp on the features on the game, but skimping out on a completed instruction book is ridiculous.

Anyway, here are some things I've found. It would be great if others can share other findings.

(Updated to include findings from the first 3 pages of the thread)

On defense:

Push up on the right stick immediately after the snap to commit your defense to the pass. Pushing down commits your team to the run.

Pushing the B button does cycle players before snap, but pushing B and also pushing in a direction on the left stick will select the player you are pushing towards (a la NFL 2k)

Offense

To send a guy in motion or hot route, the manual says to push B to cycle through your receivers. This works, but if you want to send the receiver on the right side of the field in motion, you usually have to push B 4 or 5 times, wasting valuable seconds. Instead, hold B and push to the the left stick in the direction of where your receiver is and it will go there a whole lot faster.

Stif Arm

The stiff arm button also works as a switch ball to outside(or switch ball to other arm) which is very important in the running game, because you can't throw the stiff arm to someone unless you have the ball on the outside of the defender.
* If you aren't near a defender, the ball carrier will switch it to his other hand.
* If you are near a def. but the ball is away from him the bc will just stiff arm.
* If you are near a def. but the ball is towards the def. the bc will switch then stiff arm.

Vision Cone

Either move the right stick to bring it up or pull the left trigger and the corresponding receiver's button to lock on to the receiver.

Editing Coach's Names

Start a dynasty and select the team...Once you start it go to the menu and select Coach Options then select Strategy and highlight your coach and press A

Anyone find anything else?

Last edited by tinman; 07-17-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Items Missing From The Manual (360)

Good info regarding the player switching.. With an additional feature being assigned to the player switch buttons, it was a bit time consuming to cycle through the whole defense to control a guy pre-snap.

These all seem to work on PS2 as well, except the O is held and used for player switching. And it's not limited to left and right, but also up and down, making accessing the secondary very easy.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman
The more I play, the more little things I'm finding you are able to do that are not listed anywhere in the manual. I'm loving the game and then some, but come on EA, it's one thing to skimp on the features on the game, but skimping out on a completed instruction book is ridiculous.

Anyway, here are some things I've found. It would be great if others can share other findings.

On defense:

Push up on the right stick immediately after the snap to commit your defense to the pass. Pushing down commits your team to the run.

Pushing the B button does cycle players before snap, but pushing B and also pushing in a direction on the left stick will select the player you are pushing towards (a la NFL 2k)

Offense

To send a guy in motion or hot route, the manual says to push B to cycle through your receivers. This works, but if you want to send the receiver on the right side of the field in motion, you usually have to push B 4 or 5 times, wasting valuable seconds. Instead, hold B and push to the the left stick in the direction of where your receiver is and it will go there a whole lot faster.

Vision Cone

Either move the right stick to bring it up or pull the left trigger and the corresponding receiver's button to lock on to the receiver.

Anyone find anything else?

BEST POST IVE SEEN IN A WHILE THX MAN THEY SHOULD MAKE THIS A STICKY . THX AGAIN MAN KEEP LOOKING FOR THINGS LIKE BEING ABLE TO JUKE WITH THE RIGHT STICK

Old 07-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #4
G* H*gs G*!!

TheTruth's Arena

OVR: 8

Is there not an in-game manual on the game disc itself, like in other games?
Old 07-17-2006, 03:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
Is there not an in-game manual on the game disc itself, like in other games?
On the demo there is but it didn't show the stuff posted above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Great info

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 07-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #7
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

One thing that is great about the 360 version is mapping your controller to your liking.

I've got a combo of '04 and '05 controls goin on mine.

One thing I know is great is the stiff arm button - I've mapped that to the left trigger instead of the default which is lateral.

Anyway, the stiff arm button also works as a switch ball to outside(or switch ball to other arm) which is very important in the running game, because you can't throw the stiff arm to someone unless you have the ball on the outside of the defender. I know this feature has been true in the past, I just wanted to bring it up because I don't think it's mentioned anywhere in the manual.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:58 PM   #8
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

I wonder if there is a button for a User strip. It's not in the game controls or game manual, but I've done a "user strip" a couple of times since I've had the game (360 version), but I have no idea how im doing it.....but it does pop up on the screen "USER STRIP" like it would for "Hit Stick" or "Impact Stick" or "User Tackle/Sack"... ...I wonder if it IS something like a User sack/tackle, where there is no specific button for it but it is just giving credit to user controled player.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »