Home

Can anyone confirm this for me? (360 version)

This is a discussion on Can anyone confirm this for me? (360 version) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Can anyone confirm this for me? (360 version)

Does the vision cone make any impact at all on the QB's accuracy?

In the demo version, I was unable to tell a really big difference in accuracy when using the vision cone versus not using it. It seemed to help a little bit if you were throwing an out route to the sidelines, but not much on other routes (have not tried it enough yet to know for sure).

I actually like to use the cone to mess with guys in Madden who would chase the cone with their FS (very funny to watch them run themselves right out of a play - and IMO the best use of that feature), but that was mainly because it was mandated to use the cone for that game last year. If you don't have to use it, or don't get any measurable boost from using it, then it becomes kind of pointless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
Rookie

KC Fire's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Can anyone confirm this for me? (360 version)

I would also like to know this. Seems like it did nothing in the demo.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
Rookie

morganic's Arena

OVR: 4

The vision cone won't be different in accuracy when throwing inside the cone. Throwing outside the cone is where you lose the accuracy. At least how it was in Madden 06.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganic
The vision cone won't be different in accuracy when throwing inside the cone. Throwing outside the cone is where you lose the accuracy. At least how it was in Madden 06.
I think he is wondering if there is a difference in using the cone or not using it all together, not throwing inside of it... Last year, if you didn't use the cone, then you were not able to use the Precision passing features of leading the reciever or throwing behind him, etc.. it is still un-confirmed if this year you are able to utilize precision passing without using the passing cone feature.

If in fact you CAN use precission passing without the cone, then why would anyone use the cone... Thats pretty much the question of the thread...

Anyone have a definitive answer yet ???
Old 07-18-2006, 01:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner
I think he is wondering if there is a difference in using the cone or not using it all together, not throwing inside of it... Last year, if you didn't use the cone, then you were not able to use the Precision passing features of leading the reciever or throwing behind him, etc.. it is still un-confirmed if this year you are able to utilize precision passing without using the passing cone feature.

If in fact you CAN use precission passing without the cone, then why would anyone use the cone... Thats pretty much the question of the thread...

Anyone have a definitive answer yet ???
Well I guess you can use the cone to look off the defenders but I'd never use it...and in the demo there seemed to be precision passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #6
Banned

Kind of lame to reply to your own thread I know...but, last night while playing I did not see any advantage at all to using the cone. I only played three games (2 as ND and 1 as Miami), but Brady Quinn has a "Tom Brady / Brett Favre" size cone, so it was a bit pointless and Kyle Wright has a Vick-sized cone that switched from one receiver to the enxt achingly slow.

In short, switching the cone to "look off the safety" could work if you get a guy who likes to chase the cone, but since the cone seems to switch too slowly (at least with less accurate QBs), there is little advantage in that.

I still have not noticed a big difference between accuarcy with the cone (throwing to a receiver in the cone) or no cone at all. Precision passign doesn't seem to work as well as it did in Madden 2006 (PS2) - that is you can't seem to get the ball over the LBs and in front of the safeties as well - even when using Brady Quinn.

If anyone has a definitive answer or other opinions on this I would liek to read them...
Old 07-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #7
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Kind of lame to reply to your own thread I know...but, last night while playing I did not see any advantage at all to using the cone. I only played three games (2 as ND and 1 as Miami), but Brady Quinn has a "Tom Brady / Brett Favre" size cone, so it was a bit pointless and Kyle Wright has a Vick-sized cone that switched from one receiver to the enxt achingly slow.

In short, switching the cone to "look off the safety" could work if you get a guy who likes to chase the cone, but since the cone seems to switch too slowly (at least with less accurate QBs), there is little advantage in that.

I still have not noticed a big difference between accuarcy with the cone (throwing to a receiver in the cone) or no cone at all. Precision passign doesn't seem to work as well as it did in Madden 2006 (PS2) - that is you can't seem to get the ball over the LBs and in front of the safeties as well - even when using Brady Quinn.

If anyone has a definitive answer or other opinions on this I would liek to read them...
No kidding.. Brady Quinn's cone is HUGE. I bring it up and use pump fakes when i have time, but as you said I don't see an amazing difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »