Home

has ea knocked this one out of the park??

This is a discussion on has ea knocked this one out of the park?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: has ea knocked this one out of the park??

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
before the season is over, most 360 players will buy the x-box/ps2 version. let me be the first to call this.
I bought PS2 and 360 and PS2 is better than 06 but it still feels alot like same game. The 360 is worlds better. I see the opposite being true, those who have a 360 but got current-gen will eventually break down and get the 360 version. It's simply no contest.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #42
Little Big Puig

elTodd's Arena

OVR: 24

Hey ODogg, is the PS2 version worth it in your opinion? I already have the 360 version and I absolutely love it, but me and my friends sometimes play with up to 6 people, which is not possible on the Xbox or 360.

I am contemplating buying the PS2 version at Circuit City for $40.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:38 PM   #43
Rookie

xxxAir23xxx's Arena

OVR: 1

This game is great! I just played my greatest game ever, it was USC vs. ND, i was ND. Well let's fast forward a bit to the beginning of the 4th quarter. It was a scorefest and the game was 41-21 USC. Brady Quinn was injured most of the quarter so i had my back-up in. with 4:30 left in the quarter i hit jeff samarjza (sp?) with a 27 yard pass. 41-35 USC lead. Next USC possesion they throw a pick. i then run a 41 yard TD with Walker. 42-41 ND lead. I stop USC again and hit a 36 yard FG, 45-41 ND with 45 seconds left. With no TO's left USC no huddles me down the field and then scores a 38 yard pass on me with 5 seconds left.47-45 USC. At this point i thought the game was pretty much over, all they had to do was hit the pat. But i blocked the pat and took it all the way back!!! 47-47 with 5 seconds left. I return the kickoff to the 17 yard line. L"ast play of the game and im thinking damn! my back-up QB is not gunna b able to make this throw. but when i get to the playcall screen I SEE BRADY BACK AT QB FOR THE LAST PLAY. i call trips right hail mary,drop back for the pass, and i realize that the cpu has 1 defender guarding my three wide outs. i throw one up to jeff, he catches it in the endzone, GAME OVER.

GREATNESS SCORE-2475
Old 07-18-2006, 03:42 PM   #44
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxAir23xxx
i call trips right hail mary,drop back for the pass, and i realize that the cpu has 1 defender guarding my three wide outs. i throw one up to jeff, he catches it in the endzone
That was the greatest game? Sounds like the worst ending I can imagine...
Old 07-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Num1Bowler
Hey ODogg, is the PS2 version worth it in your opinion? I already have the 360 version and I absolutely love it, but me and my friends sometimes play with up to 6 people, which is not possible on the Xbox or 360.

I am contemplating buying the PS2 version at Circuit City for $40.
I bought the PS2 version for same reason. It feels alot like a tweaked 06 version with various enhancements, mostly playbooks. I can't see ever playing it except to play with my friends though online (who don't own 360's).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #46
Rookie

xxxAir23xxx's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
That was the greatest game? Sounds like the worst ending I can imagine...

Not when im a pat away from losing then blocking it, taking it back, then completing an almost full field hail mary.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:56 PM   #47
Little Big Puig

elTodd's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I bought the PS2 version for same reason. It feels alot like a tweaked 06 version with various enhancements, mostly playbooks. I can't see ever playing it except to play with my friends though online (who don't own 360's).
Thanks ODogg. I really liked 06 on the PS2 so I think I may pick it up while the price is low.

I appreciate your help ODogg.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
before the season is over, most 360 players will buy the x-box/ps2 version. let me be the first to call this.
After you play 360, current gen is unbearable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »