Home

Cumbersome menu screens?

This is a discussion on Cumbersome menu screens? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 12:21 AM   #1
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6
Cumbersome menu screens?

Am I the only who feels that the menu screens are not nearly as user friendly or easy to use as years past? It kinda feels awkward at this point. I know I will get used to it, but is anyone else feeling the same way? (great game I might add )

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 03:07 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Cumbersome menu screens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereliched
Am I the only who feels that the menu screens are not nearly as user friendly or easy to use as years past? It kinda feels awkward at this point. I know I will get used to it, but is anyone else feeling the same way? (great game I might add )
If you're talking about xbox/ps2 youre right. Some menus are void of any design except for the choices to press. Last years menus and interface was excellent, this year they took a bad step back. But that is that EA usually does, they change on the odd years to make it look better on the even years for this game. Also, I dont like the cutscreen when they show the replay, I thought last years was so much better. The way they have the team logos in that sand colored box makes it look like some coupon.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah and the menus are very ugly. Not sure what they were going for with this look. Some of it is hard to read.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets333
Yeah and the menus are very ugly. Not sure what they were going for with this look. Some of it is hard to read.
Yeah, I agree. This is the type of stuff they change every year for change's sake. They don't want the game to look too similar to last year, at least as far as the menus go.

Those fonts they used suck. Plain and simple. Very hard to read at times. It's a nice idea attempting to stuff look authentic, like a coaches handwritten notes and files and whatnot, but it doesn't translate very well in this game. Since they never keep the menus the same from year to year, at least we shouldn't have to worry about having this same format next year. Hopefully, they'll pick something that's a little more friendly on the peeps.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:26 AM   #5
Rookie

The sandcolored box displaying the team logo during games is athletic tape.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 10:29 AM   #6
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

I kind of like the 360 menus once you get used to them. Its nice because you can get to everything without having to back out of one thing and go into another all time.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:09 PM   #7
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake
I kind of like the 360 menus once you get used to them. Its nice because you can get to everything without having to back out of one thing and go into another all time.
Exactly, I love them you can switch from any game mode without having to load or save anything!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »