Home

What a play!

This is a discussion on What a play! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 01:18 AM   #1
Rookie

Homeslice's Arena

OVR: 1
What a play!

I think my favorite part about this new engine is the fact that it makes me feel more in control. I feel like when I make a play that I actually MADE the play, not that someone suctioned in a catch, or suctioned in a tackle, etc. but the pure physics caused what resulted to result.

Ole Miss at Missouri (me). I'm up 19-3 late in the fourth quarter, have just shut down their QB all day (can't remember his name but wow what speed, had to double spy him the whole time and he still broke off a few nice ones). They push me to about 3rd and 10 around the 15 yard line. I decide to pass.

Chase Daniel drops back and finding no one open, the future Mizzou stud heads for the left side of the field, and then centers in on the goal line. I reach the goal line right around the pylon, and with two players in front of me, hit dive, and hope for the best.

Daniel goes up, gets hit mid air, and literally does a head over heels flip (kind of like the Marcus Vick play a year or so back I believe it was) into the end zone.

I have never seen anything like it in a game. Perhaps it has been in before this year, and I just never saw it, but it was literally the first play on a football game in a long time that has just made my jaw drop. I had to replay it about 50 times and call in the roommates to see it as well. Got a few snapshots in my photo album.

Anyway, this is just my excuse to plug the game and encourage anyone who hasn't checked it out, to do so. I have it for 360, and although I am one of the most negative people on the planet when it comes to football games, I haven't played anything quite this great in a long time.

Wish I could find a picture of what I'm talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 01:37 AM   #2
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What a play!

Yeah, those plays are always great.

The play that made my jaw drop was when I gave the ball to the FB and kicked it to the outside with only one DB in his way as I get ready to attempt to run the DB over, one of my wide receivers comes from off-screen and destroys the DB with a vicious blindside block that allowed my FB to break for the TD.
Also, it was great reeling off a 50+ yard run with my FB who was pretty slow.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
Rookie

oklahoma19's Arena

OVR: 3

I had a similar play as OU vs ND (my friend)
I sprinted out from around his 15 and couldnt find anyone open so I took a chance and decided to head for the goaline. I ran right and started up the sideline, cut back to about the hashmark at the 2 and had three defenders closing in, I hit dive and prayed. Bomar jumped up, got hit on his right, spun around sideways in mid air, got hit on his left and spun in the air into the endzone. Reminded me of the John Elway play in the Super Bowl vs the Packers, except Bomar scored. My friend and I both went "OHHHH, S***!" and just stared in awe at the replay for like 5 minutes..it was awesome.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:01 AM   #4
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

What is Chase Daniel rated?
Old 07-19-2006, 02:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Homeslice's Arena

OVR: 1

87, could have been playing for Texas but...

(I can't talk crap, you guys hand us our *** every year!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 7

I'm loving the new (in NCAA, anyway) dive over the goalline animation. The dive over the pylon has been there for several years now, but now we can dive over the goalline, providing there is a player in our way. I had an awesome play last night where I dove at the 1, but on the way up, the arm that was carrying the ball hit my own RG, and the ball popped out. It looked very realistic. I guess it's a product of first version/new console, but some of the collision detection looks freakin awesome, while some is downright bizarre.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #7
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice
87, could have been playing for Texas but...

(I can't talk crap, you guys hand us our *** every year!)
So did EA screw him up? I looked at Missouris' roster and the 2 highest rated QB's were black.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »