Home

Why can't you play cpu vs cpu on "07" 360?

This is a discussion on Why can't you play cpu vs cpu on "07" 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 07:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why can't you play cpu vs cpu on "07" 360?

you can move the controller to the middle after picking teams, but you cannot get it to proceed. If you try to switch it over after you get the game started it will tell you one person must be using contoller?

I can't believe you can't simulate a game cpu vs cpu, or is there something else to it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 08:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why can't you play cpu vs cpu on "07" 360?

This ticks a lot more people off than I thought it would. I wish EA would realease a patch or something for this. I don't understand why its missing. The AI is already there, all you should have to do is allow the user to proceed with the controllers in the middle.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:08 AM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Why would you want to watch the computer play itself anyway? I'm not trying to attack anyone, but it would be about as exciting as watching paint dry.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:09 AM   #4
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
Why would you want to watch the computer play itself anyway? I'm not trying to attack anyone, but it would be about as exciting as watching paint dry.

You've obviously never played text based sports games.

I think it's preety ******** that CPU vs CPU isn't in the game.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 07-19-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I personally don't actually sit down and watch whole games. Although with the graphics as good as they are, it would be cool to turn one on and observe a game to see how real it looks.

I and many other people like to run simulation tournaments and some post them on message boards for others to read. A lot of people find these to be fun, and when you're not playing the game, it just adds another feature to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 09:08 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
You've obviously never played text based sports games.

I think it's preety ******** that CPU vs CPU isn't in the game.

I think you need to go back to text based sports games. Is this a text based sports game? No. Does your 360 have controller ports? Yes. Do you have a controller? Yes. Why? If you want to pay $400 for a system, and pay $60 to watch a game, why don't you just get a Direct TV Satellite HD Dish and order a bunch of Pay Per View events, $60 a pop?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #7
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

This is a feature that I NEVER used, so I can't knock it, but I personaly don't care because I NEVER used it.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:20 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

I think the explanation lies with the fact that you only have one camera angle. Most of the current gen games have a "demo" mode that flashes around to different angles while the cpu plays itself. In the past, when you didnt hit the start button fast enough on the title menu, the game would put itself into demo mode and show a cpu vs cpu game until you touch a button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »