Home

Any success with the Line Jump (Y) Button - 360??

This is a discussion on Any success with the Line Jump (Y) Button - 360?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Any success with the Line Jump (Y) Button - 360??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRobinson17
I blocked an extra point with it...
So did I.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #10
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i changed the jump button to the "A" button, so used to hitting the "Y" button for coverage audibles i would jump offsides all the time lol
I'm doing that tonight... in the games i played last night i can't tell you how many times i jumped offsides trying to audible the coverage. Old habits die hard lol.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-19-2006, 02:03 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Has anyone gotten the computer to jump offsides with the fake hike this year because of the line jump? I saw the computer jump early once on me, but I was so surprised that I didn't hike it. Also the way the pass icons pop up on the fake hike kinda obstructs your view of the computer's defensive line. But still, I thought it was cool that they jumped early and then went back onsides.
I've gotten the CPU to jump with the fake snap 4 times in 3 games, so far. Once, it happened two plays in a row. Don't know if it matters or not, but I was the home team everytime and, if I recall correctly, they were at key times in the game. Can't remember what the Momentum was, though. I do remember thinking on a couple of them that that was a likely time for them to jump. One time the LOLB came up to blitz, and he looked like he was itching to jump. I faked and he blew away my LG!

I also like it when you jump early, but don't make contact and you get back across before the snap. This is well done and looks beautiful. Haven't seen the CPU do this, yet. Everytime I've gotten them to jump early, they've made contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
I also like it when you jump early, but don't make contact and you get back across before the snap. This is well done and looks beautiful. Haven't seen the CPU do this, yet. Everytime I've gotten them to jump early, they've made contact
I have noticed this. I was wondering, does it play any roll if you tap the button or press it down? I thought the other day when i taped the button because I was almost fooled, he went to jump but got back across. I might be giving EA too much credit, but thought I would ask.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:58 PM   #13
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I have noticed this. I was wondering, does it play any roll if you tap the button or press it down? I thought the other day when i taped the button because I was almost fooled, he went to jump but got back across. I might be giving EA too much credit, but thought I would ask.

Now that you say that I thought while I was playing last night I tapped it because they fooled me and I got back onside, but then again I did it like 15 times trying to call a coverage audible, but all of those time I actually pushed it down.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #14
Rookie

electrolyte's Arena

OVR: 2

I've gotten it work for huge sacks at times. I like it, it's a cool feature.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #15
Os Before Hoes

True Talent's Arena

OVR: 5

Just got a safety using it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Anyone find it true?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »