Home

weather effects

This is a discussion on weather effects within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
weather effects

for the most part the graphics are very good. the player models, animations, and stadiums are great. but there is no excuse for them missing the boat with the weather effects. rain and snow look horrible. the fields don't even degrade as you play. i played with the most miserable conditions and no dirty uniforms and messed up fields. i thought people saw these things. i haven't once. it's not a game killer, but for next-gen these effects should be more realistically represented. i think ign's review mentioned this as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

Re: weather effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
for the most part the graphics are very good. the player models, animations, and stadiums are great. but there is no excuse for them missing the boat with the weather effects. rain and snow look horrible. the fields don't even degrade as you play. i played with the most miserable conditions and no dirty uniforms and messed up fields. i thought people saw these things. i haven't once. it's not a game killer, but for next-gen these effects should be more realistically represented. i think ign's review mentioned this as well.
I don't know what game you are playing but I played UNC and Wake last night with rain and the field CLEARLY degraded and the unis were FILTHY. The even showed players breath, which was a little wierd cause it was fifty degrees. The feild also actually degraded where gameplay was taking place. I played on 7 min qtrs but you could see it by the half.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #3
MVP

Before I even played my first regular game, I went to practice for about an hour and that field degraded bigtime. The cool thing was it only did so in the areas that I was playing in. For example, I ran about 50 straight plays from the 50 yard line and there was a huge brown area around the line of scrimmage and where a lot of the action unfolded at. The uniforms were noticeably dirty, as well.

I wonder if playing on 5 minute quarters, if there are not enough plays for the field to degrade noticeably?
Old 07-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Not to be an A$#, but you might have been on a field turf stadium...that is the reason the unis would not be dirty and the field wouldnt degrade. I played on a grass field in the snow and you could tell where most of the action had taken place and the unis were almost completely brown.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
What field were you playing on? Check to make sure it wasn't artificial turf.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #6
Pro

i just played in miami with 7 min quarters. there were some more dirt spots than i've seen in other games, but the field didn't degrade as much as people keep saying. i really didn't even see the unis that dirty. maybe it's my copy. i don't know how that could be. even if what everybody says is true, the weather effects should be done much better. i want to feel like i'm playin in mud. i want to see puddles, ice patches, and stuff like that. this is next gen. hopefully those are things ea will work on implementing as they master the hardware. otherwise, the game is a great first effort.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

I played TCU at Baylor last night in a downpour... Felt the field degraded accurately. Although I don't remember any puddles (not that i specifcially checked).

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #8
Rookie

MattRobinson17's Arena

OVR: 6

I played at Michie Stadium (Army) in a heavy downpour and field really deteriorated nicely and the players were covered in mud, especially PSU's white uni's...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »