Home

For the new generation gamer crying and whining....

This is a discussion on For the new generation gamer crying and whining.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #17
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: For the new generation gamer crying and whining....

I remember keeping my own stats while playing the first EA sports basketball titles on the sega genesis. We had notebooks full of stats. Even though it was tedious it seems like it was more fun back then. Maybe because I was younger and less cynical. Thats why lately I have tried to enjoy games for what they are. I don't mess with sliders any more. I don't run any "tests." I just try to sit back and enjoy it rather than be overly critical.

Its incredible to think how far games have come.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #18
Rookie

McAlister's Arena

OVR: 1

I blame the internet for all of this. I remember growing up, Madden was the best sports game out, and no one could tell you otherwise. You just played the game for what it was and anticipated what EA would do next year. There was no CAP or anything like that, so when your favorite team drafted a player you had to wait until the the new Madden came out to play as them. There were no season stats, records, or recruting. Does anyone remember Bill Walsh's College Football? The players weren't even in the likeness of their real life counterparts. The only way you could get a review of a game before it came out was to stare at Electonic Gaming Monthly magazine every day until the game's release date. We were what I call inocent gamers.

However, these days the internet has provided us withi the ability to get a game review 10 minutes after someone purchased the game. We can see videos and images months before the release date, which causes the hate to begin. The internet has allowed people can come together anonymously and complain about anything. This causes people who think alike to be united and more complaining persues.

This is one of the problems with technological advancements. When the technology gets better, novice people begin to dream even bigger. This is when you get people comlaining about everything from how the grass looks to what angle the sun is hitting seat 120A in the Orange Bowl.

Last edited by McAlister; 07-19-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:32 PM   #19
Rookie

macatak911's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancheezy
Oh the image brings back memories. sitting in the basement of my parents house with some friends playing football, then going out in the street and playing a little touch football, stopping when the cars drove down the street.

man those were the good old days!!
amen
Old 07-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

Kids dont do that anymore. They still play the games, but when i was younger my mom would have yelled at me for being inside all day playing games, plus i didnt want to. We'd get on some tyson's punch out and then it was right back outside playing baseball with an aluminum bat and a tennis ball(cause it had "seams")

"I want to be remembered as a ballplayer who gave all he had to give." - Roberto Clemente
-----------------------------------------------------
Old 07-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAlister
I blame the internet for all of this. I remember growing up, Madden was the best sports game out, and no one could tell you otherwise. You just played the game for what it was and anticipated what EA would do next year. There was no CAP or anything like that, so when your favorite team drafted a player you had to wait until the the new Madden came out to play as them. There were no season stats, records, or recruting. Does anyone remember Bill Walsh's College Football? The players weren't even in the likeness of their real life counterparts. The only way you could get a review of a game before it came out was to stare at Electonic Gaming Monthly magazine every day until the game's release date. We were what I call inocent gamers.

However, these days the internet has provided us withi the ability to get a game review 10 minutes after someone purchased the game. We can see videos and images months before the release date, which causes the hate to begin. The internet has allowed people can come together anonymously and complain about anything. This causes people who think alike to be united and more complaining persues.

This is one of the problems with technological advancements. When the technology gets better, novice people begin to dream even bigger. This is when you get people comlaining about everything from how the grass looks to what angle the sun is hitting seat 120A in the Orange Bowl.
"Settling for anything will allow you to achieve nothing"

That fits here. I am a purist , as much as I can be, when it comes to games but if PROFITABLE phrase/words get used such as "next gen" or "exclusive rights"....the stakes are raised. That and football is the greatest game to me. People should take their passions seriously these days..if you want to go that far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 04:52 PM   #22
Rookie

McAlister's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Mauer
"Settling for anything will allow you to achieve nothing"

That fits here. I am a purist , as much as I can be, when it comes to games but if PROFITABLE phrase/words get used such as "next gen" or "exclusive rights"....the stakes are raised. That and football is the greatest game to me. People should take their passions seriously these days..if you want to go that far.
That quotes sounds great, but isn't necessarily true. I think the real issue is what people expect from the terms being used compared to what the gaming companys are doing. This is okay, but when those expectations exceed what a video game can do problems persist. This isn't about people's passions, because your passion is football not gaming, so if you want true realism maybe you should go outside and play with your friends. You aren't going to get total realism from video games and people need to understand that.

Last edited by McAlister; 07-19-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAlister
That quotes sounds great, but isn't necessarily true. I think the real issue is what people expect from the terms being used compared to what the gaming companys are doing. This is okay, but when those expectations exceed what a video game can do problems persist. This isn't about people's passions, because your passion is football not gaming, so if you want true realism maybe you should go outside and play with your friends. You aren't going to get total realism from video games and people need to understand that.
Well, in my case, my legs wouldnt allow me to "go outside and play some football" after 12 years of playing it officially...that will happen. But thats me. I did neglect to say that Gaming is a passion as well, that would credit my side of things..my bad.

Nonetheless, if people credit this game as the best football possible right now on the console....they are settling.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #24
Rookie

McAlister's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Mauer
Well, in my case, my legs wouldnt allow me to "go outside and play some football" after 12 years of playing it officially...that will happen. But thats me. I did neglect to say that Gaming is a passion as well, that would credit my side of things..my bad.

Nonetheless, if people credit this game as the best football possible right now on the console....they are settling.
If gaming is your passion and you have a great deal of knowledge to go with it, than you in my mind have a right to complain. However, my issue is with the novice gamer who constantly complains just to hear or see themselves complain, yet they purchase and play both Madden and NCAA religously every year. I actually commend those who complain and rent the game before purchasing it, as this is consistent behavior in line with someone who isn't happy with EA.

I believe NCAA 07 is the best version of NCAA I have played, that is a simple fact for me, so I don't see how that is settling. To tell you the truth I did not like MAdden 06 on the PS2, so I returned it and got my money back. I'm sure if most people did that instead of posting on a message boards about how the game is terrible, yet still purchase it every year, EA would get the picture.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »