Home

NCAA 07 :PS2 on a HDTV Widescreen SUCKS!

This is a discussion on NCAA 07 :PS2 on a HDTV Widescreen SUCKS! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
NCAA 07 :PS2 on a HDTV Widescreen SUCKS!

Maybe there is a way to get 480p but I can't find it. (Like the old Hold down X and Triangle as it boots) The game just looks horrible on a HD Widescreen tv. Jaggies everywhere.

And what's up with the fans in the stands and 8 people on the sideline?

How can ESPN NFL2k5 look amazing in 480p on the same tv and NCAA 07 looks so bad?

I love the gameplay, but I just wish EA could improve or at least be on par with what other companies can produce for the PS2.

It really detracts from a nice feeling game. damn it's fugly. I've tried 16:9 mode, letterbox mode, and even 4:3 mode. All are horribly jaggy.

anyone else get better results? Know of a trick to get 480p?

Very disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 06:43 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NCAA 07 :PS2 on a HDTV Widescreen SUCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentQ16
Maybe there is a way to get 480p but I can't find it. (Like the old Hold down X and Triangle as it boots) The game just looks horrible on a HD Widescreen tv. Jaggies everywhere.

And what's up with the fans in the stands and 8 people on the sideline?

How can ESPN NFL2k5 look amazing in 480p on the same tv and NCAA 07 looks so bad?

I love the gameplay, but I just wish EA could improve or at least be on par with what other companies can produce for the PS2.

It really detracts from a nice feeling game. damn it's fugly. I've tried 16:9 mode, letterbox mode, and even 4:3 mode. All are horribly jaggy.

anyone else get better results? Know of a trick to get 480p?

Very disappointing.
it is just ugly man, nothign we can do i don't think..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 PM   #3
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

to get "true" High-Def, doesnt it have to be at least 720p? Im probably wrong, but just guessing. I know on Xbox it looks perfectly fine on my widescreen HDTV.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

You're right, true High-Def must be 720p or 1080i. 480p is a notch below HD, which is why it looks like crap on a bigscreen. When I booted up NCAA '06 last year on my 50 inch HDTV for the first time, I was shocked. I expected it to look pretty good, but I was basically staring at a jaggy mess.

You could maybe play with some settings on your TV to see if that helps, but 480 lines of data is 480 lines of data, whether you're running 480i or 480p. 480p might clean up the image a little bit, but it's not like it's going to be drastically different either.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:00 PM   #5
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

How do you trigger 480p on an HD? I also have a 50 inch HD, but for Xbox, which IMO isn't so bad. Is it automatic on an Xbox or is there something I'm not seeing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
How do you trigger 480p on an HD? I also have a 50 inch HD, but for Xbox, which IMO isn't so bad. Is it automatic on an Xbox or is there something I'm not seeing?
What kind of cables are you running from the back of your PS2? Composite (one yellow cable for video) or component (a red, a blue and a green for video)?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #7
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

How do you enable 480p on a PS2 anyway? I got the AV HD cables u need for it, but i dont see anything in the Dash about HD resolutions.

GTA Liberty Cities look worlds better when i started using the cables, but like Dragon Quest VII is all jaggied.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:18 PM   #8
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

To enable 480p on the xbox, turn on the console without a game in the tray. It will bring up your dashboard settings. If you have the HD cables plugged in (They're like $20 for the Microsoft brand cables), you should be able to tell it what video resolutions your TV can accept. Then when you load the game, it should start up in 480p. You probably have a button on your TV remote that shows what video mode you are running.

For the PS2, the only 480p game I have is Gran Turismo 4, and to enable 480p I just had to go to the settings after the game was loaded. Obviously, component cables are required here as well. Composite or S-Video cables do NOT allow you to run 480p on either system, it has to be COMPONENT (the cables with red, green and blue video hookups).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »