Home

IGN has gained some respect back

This is a discussion on IGN has gained some respect back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 05:00 PM   #25
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: IGN has gained some respect back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalove
This game was two steps forward, three steps backward. This title was supposed to help 360 gather marketshare. I hear all the apologists on this board and I want to puke. There's no excuse for removing existing functionality and features from an old console, especially features that matter to the gameplay (i.e. spring drills to enhance ratings evolution, CAP problems, defensive hot routes, etc. etc.)

People expect more not less, and like it or not higher price always means higher expetations. While the graphics, stadiums, and animations are certainly a great upgrade, that doesn't mean you get to take away certain features for the sake of adding others. On that basis, this game and its associated strategy to further penetrate the market are miserble failures. I've owned every edition of this game ever made and I hate this one. I wish I had my old Xbox back.
You really need to understand that these guys so desperately want a good football game on the 360 that they will take just about anything that EA throws at them. If you have followed the impressions thread, you would see that 90% of the posts are about how good the stadiums look, how good the players animate, and how cool a play in their game looked. It's all about looks and nothing about feel. Some of them, even though they still have an Xbox or PS2, are too hard headed to go back to either one of those versions because it wouldn't be "cool". You have to also understand that this site is trendy. It's hip to like the 360 version regardless of what it plays like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 05:04 PM   #26
Rookie

electrolyte's Arena

OVR: 2

IGN likes to review games for what's not in them rather for what is.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:18 PM   #27
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
You really need to understand that these guys so desperately want a good football game on the 360 that they will take just about anything that EA throws at them. If you have followed the impressions thread, you would see that 90% of the posts are about how good the stadiums look, how good the players animate, and how cool a play in their game looked. It's all about looks and nothing about feel. Some of them, even though they still have an Xbox or PS2, are too hard headed to go back to either one of those versions because it wouldn't be "cool". You have to also understand that this site is trendy. It's hip to like the 360 version regardless of what it plays like.
You're so far from reality it's not even funny.
As far as your half arsed theory: I had the XBOX and 360 versions reserved just in case. I went with the 360 version and am glad I did. I was primed and ready to pick up the XBOX version, but didn't need to.
NCAA plays a GREAT game of football IMO. Has zero to do with being "cool".

If you don't like it fine. Just don't go spouting off like you know why everyone likes the game.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:27 PM   #28
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
You're so far from reality it's not even funny.
As far as your half arsed theory: I had the XBOX and 360 versions reserved just in case. I went with the 360 version and am glad I did. I was primed and ready to pick up the XBOX version, but didn't need to.
NCAA plays a GREAT game of football IMO. Has zero to do with being "cool".

If you don't like it fine. Just don't go spouting off like you know why everyone likes the game.
I agree again...man, agreeing with WVU fans this much is scary. I actually bought both the XBOX and 360 versions and still own both. I've found myself hardly touching the XBOX version. The 360 version is a dang good game and this is coming from a former 2K guy....not even close to being an EA apologist.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:05 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
Im not buying into the claim that the game was built from scratch. im not sure what constitutes "Building from scratch" but it feels like diffrent animations attached to the same base gamplay engine.
Yeah me neither. Somwhere said that it was built on the Madden 06 engine. Dunno? But it doesn't feel COMPLETELY rebuilt.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:34 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Besides the features that have zero bearing on gameplay. What is so insufficient on NCAA 360?
The game is a blast to play and has a solid foundation to build onto.
So I guess defensive hot routes have no bearing on gameplay?
Old 07-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #31
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
So I guess defensive hot routes have no bearing on gameplay?
Again they were NEVER in this game. New engine. New Game.
Is it that hard to understand?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Again they were NEVER in this game. New engine. New Game.
Is it that hard to understand?
No, please help me understand that just because they were never in the game before, means that they have no bearing on gameplay. Please explain that to me. Its a feature that should have been in the game along time ago and the fact that its still not in on "next gen" is ridiculous. You wouldn't hear so many people whining about what they can't stop either if they had more control over their defense. The fact that its in current gen and not next gen is inexcusable and its just another reason that I easily prefer the X-Box version over his 360 nephew......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »