Home

Has EA gained some respect Back?

This is a discussion on Has EA gained some respect Back? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Has EA gained some respect Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. carraba
With all the freezing problems people are having it's not for sure. Yeah, I'm pissed that I have to exchange the game (and even then, who knows if the new game doesn't freeze) but what about the person who bought the game and has to actually commute to the place they got the game from to exchange? I'm really lucky to live in a place where there's tons of video game stores around.
These issues are not widespread as far as I can tell so it's probably just defective discs. Happens with almost every game.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I thought NCAA 06 was the best yet, and from a pure gameplay standpoint, 07 destroy it (and all other football games)
Agreed.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:38 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

They have lost ground in my oppinion, I was looking forward to NCAA 07 and considering madden (both 360) but now im definatly passing on madden. Im dissaponted but maybe my expectations were too high. alot of people seem to like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 02:35 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
They have lost ground in my oppinion, I was looking forward to NCAA 07 and considering madden (both 360) but now im definatly passing on madden. Im dissaponted but maybe my expectations were too high. alot of people seem to like it.
No, I think a lot of people may have subconsciously lowered their expectations on what they expect on a next-gen football game because Madden 360 was so disappointing. NCAA 360 is a nice step in the right direction, and Madden 360 seems to be heading in the right direction also. But it seems all but gone are the expectations of a next-gen physics system, much improved presentation, more gameplay options, etc. to enhance the overall experience. I think right now more of the same of what was presented in current gen is the high bar the games have to meet to be considered great.

Should Tiburon be respected more? I think they're doing what should be expected of them - making competent games. I think once they start going above and beyond what's expected is when they'll begin to be regarded more highly
Old 07-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

EA hasn't done anything to deserve respect. Even though NCAA looks nice, and plays better than the abortion that was Madden and NCAA 2006, they still don't get it.

They gimped this NCAA so bad, if it wasn't for the Dynasty mode, people would be freaking out. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING shows me that NCAA 2007 on the 360 is a next generation sports game.

And you'll have smacktard apologist post here spitting out "Wait til next year" LMAO, EA's got your money fool, give em some more next year.

When is 'next year' turn into 'wait till the next generation xbox or playstation'? Ddin't we just go thru this?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanchangkang
EA hasn't done anything to deserve respect. Even though NCAA looks nice, and plays better than the abortion that was Madden and NCAA 2006, they still don't get it.

They gimped this NCAA so bad, if it wasn't for the Dynasty mode, people would be freaking out. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING shows me that NCAA 2007 on the 360 is a next generation sports game.

And you'll have smacktard apologist post here spitting out "Wait til next year" LMAO, EA's got your money fool, give em some more next year.

When is 'next year' turn into 'wait till the next generation xbox or playstation'? Ddin't we just go thru this?
ncaa 2007 is the single greatest acheivment is the history of sports gaming. bravo. golf clap.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:09 PM   #15
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanchangkang

Don't you have an "I heart NFL 2k" thread you could be posting in?

Straight up, based on your post history I don't believe for so much as a second that you have purchased or even rented this game. How can you possibly have an informed opinion on this subject?

Last edited by coogrfan; 07-20-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #16

OVR: 34

The more I play this game, the less I like it. The collission control is terrible. Also, players slide around the field all too much. I thought it was going to be a matter of me learning the playbooks and controls, but I'm finding this game to be very messy.

How is it that DBs are crouched in place while the WR runs into him and slides him a yard or two? I don't know, maybe that's too picky, but WRs running their routes run in place too much when they hit a DB. Also, tackles are out of sync. My guy touches the other with his hand and he goes into a spin roll?

I can still enjoy the game, but it certainly does not give EA any more respect than I already had. They had a good amount of time to work on this, and it's a very messy game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »