Home

Has EA gained some respect Back?

This is a discussion on Has EA gained some respect Back? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 09:52 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Has EA gained some respect Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronKrazie86
Until EA's servers improve to a more manageable level, they aren't getting my respect back entirely. I admittedly hated Madden 06 for 360, but this game is a lot of fun. But the servers for the 360 version just aren't very good, its incredibly frustrating having drops due to the poor servers. Gameplay wise, I'm happy with 360, but the online experience for me has been less than stellar upto this point.
I have posted in defense of EA plenty of times in the past. Im a fan of Sports gaming, NCAA 03 ps2 was an incredible game and except for Graphics was a better game than ncaa 07 360. and it lacks features, both on and off the field that we not only expect from the next gen. but were acustom to on previous gen. so with the thread topic in mind i find it hard to say that they have regained my respect. even though i hoped they did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 10:40 PM   #26
All Star

OVR: 21

I do think they did one thing that can be respected - and that's put out the demo. It was the one sort of "gimme" they've given to their consumers w/no strings attached. Everything else done seems to be in their own best interests of making more money, and their fans having to make business excuses for it. Making good games is what they're expected to do, especially given the situation they've put themselves in.

And for the record, it's really EA/Tiburon's fault that 2K is integral to so many conversations now. Every year that they don't address their game's issues makes 2K that much more regarded in what VC did on a less powerful system in far less time. There's no way I imagined we'd still be looking at 2K5 as having a significant number of features/innovations that Madden or NCAA haven't even sniffed at yet. Tiburon could've - SHOULD'VE ended this long ago, by making the games that should've been made. How many 2K fans have expressed happiness with NCAA? Many. Most of us simply want a great football game. There was a great post by Bubba42 (? I think) that captured this view perfectly
Old 07-20-2006, 10:53 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I do think they did one thing that can be respected - and that's put out the demo. It was the one sort of "gimme" they've given to their consumers w/no strings attached. Everything else done seems to be in their own best interests of making more money, and their fans having to make business excuses for it. Making good games is what they're expected to do, especially given the situation they've put themselves in.

And for the record, it's really EA/Tiburon's fault that 2K is integral to so many conversations now. Every year that they don't address their game's issues makes 2K that much more regarded in what VC did on a less powerful system in far less time. There's no way I imagined we'd still be looking at 2K5 as having a significant number of features/innovations that Madden or NCAA haven't even sniffed at yet. Tiburon could've - SHOULD'VE ended this long ago, by making the games that should've been made. How many 2K fans have expressed happiness with NCAA? Many. Most of us simply want a great football game. There was a great post by Bubba42 (? I think) that captured this view perfectly
good point i agree in that i just want good football games, i could give a &*^% who makes it. im playing fightnight and lovin it, along with NBA2k6.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #28
Rookie

NIUDAWG's Arena

OVR: 3

I am I impressed with NCAA 07? eh not as much as I was when last years version came out. I saw the 360 version, and my question is......how or why do you have a next gen game on a next gen system with fewer options then the previous gen games? my next gripe is cut the exclusivity. I am neither rooting for EA nor 2k, however a lack of competition hurts the consumer. neither company now has an incentive to make a better product, bc one or the other controls the market share, thus you me and everyother customer loses out
Old 07-21-2006, 12:40 AM   #29
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

while the game is not perfect and could have been better, the gameplay and animations are a pleasant suprise. Infact, I think this game has the best/most realistic gameplay EVER in a football game (offline) and by setting the sliders to match a fair level of your skill, the gameplay is light years ahead of madden.

To me madden/nfl 2k always seemed to have "clunky" gameplay, while the gameplay of ncaa is much more smooth and lively to play with.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:28 AM   #30
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanchangkang
EA hasn't done anything to deserve respect. Even though NCAA looks nice, and plays better than the abortion that was Madden and NCAA 2006, they still don't get it.

They gimped this NCAA so bad, if it wasn't for the Dynasty mode, people would be freaking out. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING shows me that NCAA 2007 on the 360 is a next generation sports game.

And you'll have smacktard apologist post here spitting out "Wait til next year" LMAO, EA's got your money fool, give em some more next year.

When is 'next year' turn into 'wait till the next generation xbox or playstation'? Ddin't we just go thru this?
LOL, no agenda there.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:17 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
LOL, no agenda there.
Exceot for calling EA apoligists "smacktards" LOL.....i think his post was logical and on topic and appropriate for this thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 09:15 AM   #32
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I think everyone realizes that Madden 06 360 was rushed and it was lame for EA to do this, yeah they have gained a ton of respect back but I can already tell that when Madden 07 360 hits they will get it all back and win over a TON of 2k fans, this game looks SO polished.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »