Home

Momentum

This is a discussion on Momentum within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Momentum

Momentum does seem overdone vs. CPU. You gotta make sure to get it and keep it. BUt that's easier said than done.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:44 PM   #10
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

They need a momentum slider... where you can adjust how much the momentum actually affects the game play. I (Michigan) gained momentum early on against Vanderbilt and they never had a chance after that. I beat them 50-7. I think they went a little overboard with it.
I play on AA, maybe the affect is different on different difficulty levels.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:36 PM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Can it be turned off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

I also smoked Vandy outta the Big House..First game of season I got momentum early and game was never in doubt...2nd game was againt Central Michigan and same story, got a early lead and they never stood a chance..Notre Dame is next & that'll be a more appropriate way to judge it considering I should've won both games so far...BTW playing on AA default sliders(for now, need to get a few games in before I start messin with sliders)
Old 07-21-2006, 11:16 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

It's really the what-if situations that fans IRL go back and lament that create a bit of observational bias for people when playing the game, too many come-backs and people complain, too few and people complain. The way it is at the moment, a play or two can swing the game completely the other way - which I think is correct based on games I've seen.

As for Michigan vs Vanderbilt, that might be an expected outcome though - if you played it another 10 times you'd get another 10 results because each game is simply one outcome out of a range of possibilities. In college especially, there are plenty of games where momentum just blows one team out, but there are also nearly just as many that a swing in momentum suddenly changes a game from a potential blow-out to a close game.

Playing on Heisman, I've had a number of each (playing GT-ND while waiting for rosters). One game I rolled up on ND early and just blew them out of the park (51-7 territory), another one I took a 28-0 lead early in the second quarter (50 yard weird fumble return for a touchdown and an INT that set up an easy TD) before they grabbed momentum and rattled off three touchdowns though I wound up winning 35-27, then a third game after being up 14-0 for a half I squandered the lead and they beat me 21-14.

It probably depends on your playing style and the confluence of certain events as to which way it typically will proceed though.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:55 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was Hawaii, I intercepted Zabransky(Boise) 4 times in the 1st quarter but only got 3 points total out of them all. And they still had the momentum after all the int's. I just figured 4 ints and i would have momentum. Ya, holding me to 3 points is good, but i would somewhat move the ball and get 1st downs.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:35 AM   #15
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I love momentum so far. It feels so much like a college game now to me. It has made this game really awesome to play.
I agree, I don't think it's over done at all, When your team is rolling your momentum is high and the other team can very well start to play poorly, it just feels real, thats what make it so great, because you have to fight to get that momentum swing back, it make you play smarter and harder when the momentum is not swining your way...I don't have any issues with it at all..I like the challange.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2006, 09:38 AM   #16
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Can it be turned off?
nope.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »