Home

After the initial impression was over

This is a discussion on After the initial impression was over within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: After the initial impression was over

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I agree...I'm having fun with this, and haven't noticed the "money plays" mentioned.

Also, I really seem to remember that NFL 2k5 had some serious DB issues, is my memory off, or am I right? I really liked that game, and wish it could have continued to come out, but it was hardly perfect like some people seem to believe.
I agree no sports title has ever been free of Ai glitches, money plays,and or exploits, especialy when playing head to head. Probably never will be one. its up to each individual to decide whats too much or a game killer.
The things im dissapointed with after comming back to EA's football after a two year layoff is to find their next gen engine is still so far behind in terms of basic player interactions and physics. I will put aside the joke of a package that was peddled out because its not gamplay related. but im not here to antagonize you guys, i just like video game football, and i would love to have a game that meets 07 standards..................and when EA finaly delivers you guys will be even more pleased than I
Old 07-23-2006, 09:09 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Point #1 - if you play people who prefer to mix up their calls and play a straight forward football game, then this game is a ton of fun. I have had a bunch of great games with sim-style players (including more than a few from this site) and it is POSSIBLE to play some of the best sim-style games on the 360 (or any console for that matter).

Point #2 - if you are up against an experienced "cheeser" or non-traditional player, you better hope they don't know what they are doing if it is a ranked game. AA defensive AI is pitiful if forced to defend the same things all game long.

Bottom line is this - if the players CHOOSE to play a certain way, this game gives you the experience you are expecting. The only time I have been really disappointed in the game itself has been when I was playing some really boring offensive shootouts because my opponent insisted on running the same 3-4 plays all game long, running the QB back 15-20 yards to avoid the pass rush and chucking up corner routes or running with the QB play after play.

Stopping this type of player is really irrelevant. If you like top play that style, then accept the fact the games will be decided by either whoever has the ball last or a single turnover late in the game. Defense and startegy and blufffing and playcalling matter absolutely 0 in those type of games. It is never a question of shutting that type of player down (I have found that most of them quit when they find out their favorite 3-4 plays won't work - actually had one guy go up on me 21-0, eventually beat him 57-32 and had him quit with almost 4 minutes to go in the 4th but other than to say I did it that game was far less memorable than the game I eked out a 20-14 win on an INT in the endzone as time expired.

Essentially, NCAA 2007 allows you to get a good sim-style game, but both players have to WANT it. If one player cares more about the W than the style of play, the game is pretty unbalanced on AA difficulty to favor the offense, and that can ruin the experience for a lot of players...
Sounds like my weekend...I love Mich., my younger brother in law to be loves Ohio State, we go to games together and have had alot of fun with this series of games, until now, after 22 games I won 2, I am fine with losing, as long as it is real. I was ahead into the fourth quarter in 90% of those games trying to have a balanced game, when my buddy knew he didn't have much time left, he could always scramble enough with Smith to bust the game open in his favor. It was like the same few plays for EVERY single win,it was rediculous. I tried a million different playbook adjustment and spy plays. To no avail, my cpu defense just would be out of position too far to make the stop. I respect the fact that Smith is a very capable scrambler, it's just not my cup of tea to be ahead all game long, to lose like this on the same few plays time after time, it is very "big play oriented". It actually was very frustrating, I do like the game alot, and besides this, and the tackles that never make contact, guys getting hung up in blocks(contributed alot to me being out of postion) in my losses, AND the stupid fake/play call bluffing that makes sounds with button pushes that you literally have to turn your head in order not to have a clue what your human opponet is leaning towards, it has alot of excellent qualities, looking forward to starting my dynasty, SINGLE PLAYER!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:44 PM   #51
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
I agree no sports title has ever been free of Ai glitches, money plays,and or exploits, especialy when playing head to head. Probably never will be one. its up to each individual to decide whats too much or a game killer.
The things im dissapointed with after comming back to EA's football after a two year layoff is to find their next gen engine is still so far behind in terms of basic player interactions and physics. I will put aside the joke of a package that was peddled out because its not gamplay related. but im not here to antagonize you guys, i just like video game football, and i would love to have a game that meets 07 standards..................and when EA finaly delivers you guys will be even more pleased than I
You say you don't want to antogonize, but then call the overall package a joke? If you're talking about off field features and such, I hope you weren't trying to compare the EA games with 2k. I loved the 2k onfield stuff, but if anything was a joke, their franchise mode was. So many GLARING issues with their franchise mode I won't even begin. You say you're coming back to EA after a 2 year layoff, but I know you can't be trying to compare this game with NFL2k series, nor can you be complaining about off field things such as dynasty/franchise mode if you're trying to compare EA's efforts to 2k's.

For me EA has delivered on 07's standards. This is the first game I have had as much fun as I did with NCAA 04 and 2k5. I prefer this game over both. This game has more than met my expectations, and frankly that's all that matters to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #52
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You say you don't want to antogonize, but then call the overall package a joke? If you're talking about off field features and such, I hope you weren't trying to compare the EA games with 2k. I loved the 2k onfield stuff, but if anything was a joke, their franchise mode was. So many GLARING issues with their franchise mode I won't even begin. You say you're coming back to EA after a 2 year layoff, but I know you can't be trying to compare this game with NFL2k series, nor can you be complaining about off field things such as dynasty/franchise mode if you're trying to compare EA's efforts to 2k's.

For me EA has delivered on 07's standards. This is the first game I have had as much fun as I did with NCAA 04 and 2k5. I prefer this game over both. This game has more than met my expectations, and frankly that's all that matters to me.
very true...I loved 2k online, but I couldn't deal with their franchise mode offline, that's just me

NCAA 07 has met my standards as well. I don't notice glaring DB issues, dropping the ball issues, or stuff like that which would annoy me in the past. Is it perfect? no, no game will, but I've been playing the hell out of it and still want more, which is kinda rare for games
Old 07-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #53
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
very true...I loved 2k online, but I couldn't deal with their franchise mode offline, that's just me

NCAA 07 has met my standards as well. I don't notice glaring DB issues, dropping the ball issues, or stuff like that which would annoy me in the past. Is it perfect? no, no game will, but I've been playing the hell out of it and still want more, which is kinda rare for games
Agreed.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:

Calling the feature stripped NCAA 07 (360) a joke was not meant to antagonize any forum members, it is what it is. no i wasnt comparing dynasty modes but taking shots at 2k5 doesnt bother me at all. Im no fanboy by any means. in fact i think that it is rediculous the way some declaire such loyalties to these companies and their products.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:04 PM   #55
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
Calling the feature stripped NCAA 07 (360) a joke was not meant to antagonize any forum members, it is what it is. no i wasnt comparing dynasty modes but taking shots at 2k5 doesnt bother me at all. Im no fanboy by any means. in fact i think that it is rediculous the way some declaire such loyalties to these companies and their products.
How is the game feature stripped, when it never in fact had any of the features people say it was stripped of.

You want a game in a short development cycle, that's what you get. As you say it is what it is.

And please don't insult my intelligence, by saying you weren't trying to antogonize. Calling it a joke, is exactly that, antogonistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 10:09 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
How is the game feature stripped, when it never in fact had any of the features people say it was stripped of.

You want a game in a short development cycle, that's what you get. As you say it is what it is.

And please don't insult my intelligence, by saying you weren't trying to antogonize. Calling it a joke, is exactly that, antogonistic.
c'mon man, unless you are an EA employee that statement should not be antagonistic, if anyone took offense I appoligize.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »