Home

Super accurate CPU kickers

This is a discussion on Super accurate CPU kickers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2006, 09:27 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Super accurate CPU kickers

I should note that you have to change the difficulty (to JV) at the play call screen before you call the play and go to the field. I've also dropped the CPU FG length down to 90 with CPU accuracy at 0% just to pray for the occassional miss.

Has anyone else even tried this? I've seen it work in practice but the CPU is still 8 for 8 in games against me since I've started trying it. One day I WILL see an in game miss that goes wide left or right in non super windy conditions!

Edit: This is current gen btw.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 09-06-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #18
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

On current gen...

The most humorous part of it is that if you look at every CPU kick they are ALL exactly down the middle. The goal posts could be five feet wide and they'd still make every single kick.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-07-2006, 04:12 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

The CPU may not miss a FG while playing the game.I think the Kicking game in the sim engine is broken.The kickers always go o for 4 or 1 for 4 or something like that.They always miss 3 to 4 feild goals a game when u sim a game.I wish they had sliders for sim games.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

I know nobody wants to edit individually but maybe just for testing? Edit a kicker's individual accuracy and then go from there.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #21
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I should note that you have to change the difficulty (to JV) at the play call screen before you call the play and go to the field. I've also dropped the CPU FG length down to 90 with CPU accuracy at 0% just to pray for the occassional miss.

Has anyone else even tried this? I've seen it work in practice but the CPU is still 8 for 8 in games against me since I've started trying it. One day I WILL see an in game miss that goes wide left or right in non super windy conditions!

Edit: This is current gen btw.

Been trying this lately anytime there is a long CPU FG attempt (35 yards or more), so far the CPU is still perfect, however there hasn't been much if any wind in these games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2006, 08:33 AM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I know nobody wants to edit individually but maybe just for testing? Edit a kicker's individual accuracy and then go from there.
You can't edit anybody in dynasty though. I tried last night.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom_23
Been trying this lately anytime there is a long CPU FG attempt (35 yards or more), so far the CPU is still perfect, however there hasn't been much if any wind in these games.
Yeah, they are still way too accurate. I tested this out in practice and a mediocre kicker kicking 47 yard field goals from a wide hash still made 15/20. Good kickers were making 90% of them at 47 yards where I did my testing. On shorter field goals, they will probably still make 95%+ of them. Just keep going and you will eventually see one. You can test this in practice mode while playing on defense - just pick the CPU offense to kick field goals and you will see that they will miss (just not often).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »