Home

stopping the pass?

This is a discussion on stopping the pass? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #17
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: stopping the pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholai
That's because real-life coaches make successful adjustments, unlike you. If you had made successful adjustments, he would have been forced to change his playcalling.

Gee thanks!!! wow..enlightenment! honestly, if you could learn to comprehend what I previously posted you would see that I was looking for ways to ADJUST to stop the money plays.

Incredible.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:39 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Gee thanks!!! wow..enlightenment! honestly, if you could learn to comprehend what I previously posted you would see that I was looking for ways to ADJUST to stop the money plays.

Incredible.
Clearly you've missed the point. Where exactly does cheesing come into play?

That's right. It doesn't. They're not "money plays" as you so claim. Money plays would indicate that there is absolutely no way of stopping them. Just because you can't stop them doesn't mean that nobody can stop them.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
That's because real-life coaches make successful adjustments, unlike you. If you had made successful adjustments, he would have been forced to change his playcalling.

There is no real fire way to adjust in the game and all of you cheesers know this. Im not going to enter a cheese arguement you folks dont bother me cause i dont play you guys
Old 07-23-2006, 05:18 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Clearly you've missed the point. Where exactly does cheesing come into play?

That's right. It doesn't. They're not "money plays" as you so claim. Money plays would indicate that there is absolutely no way of stopping them. Just because you can't stop them doesn't mean that nobody can stop them.
I think you've missed the point in the fact that all he was looking for were some strategies to stop the pass. Instead, you've offered wonderful insight by stating what's already been agreed upon...yes some of us don't have very good strategy at stopping the pass...we would just like some ideas as to what has worked for others.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:25 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr82
I think you've missed the point in the fact that all he was looking for were some strategies to stop the pass. Instead, you've offered wonderful insight by stating what's already been agreed upon...yes some of us don't have very good strategy at stopping the pass...we would just like some ideas as to what has worked for others.
There's no arguing that he's looking for strategies to stop the pass. I never once disputed that. I am disputing the notion that his opponent was "cheesing" based on the fact that he wouldn't lay off the passing game, which is utterly ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 05:27 PM   #22
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I like to use FSU, because i am an alumn. I know we don't have the most experienced DBs, but....

I was playing this guy online last night. He was OSU. I think he ran 4 plays the whole game (cheezer). Shotgun, he would run backwards (the classic EA QB glitch) and then throw to an open guy. I would run a dime zone/man, it didnt seem to matter. He would throw the ball up and his guys would catch it. he scored 42 points in the first half and he never ran once!! It's pretty ridiculous. And the thing is, he wasn't glitching, he was just calling the same money plays over and over.

I was moving up my DBs, putting them inside to cover the slant..anything..but I know I can learn more and this is not just about online play.

What are some good strategies in NCAA you use for stopping the pass? I obviously am missing some kind of secret or something because I am better then this.
Since he never ran the ball were you using 'pass commit' right after the snap every play, this seems to really help against the pass.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:17 PM   #23
MVP

Methlab's Arena

That's a great point...I forgot about run/pass commit. I will try that.

if using Ohio State, running the QB back 15 steps, never handing off one time, and running the same plays so much that the anouncers say the "same play" comment every time is not cheese to you Nicholai, then I am not sure what is.

The fact that you think it's ridiculous that I made this post is ironic, because you have replied with your same answer 4 times. We get it...thanks. I'd prefer to read posts from the others who have something constructive to say.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:40 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

C'mon ya'll lets keep this one on topic. There was some great advice posted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »