Home

Dear Larry R. at EA...

This is a discussion on Dear Larry R. at EA... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Dear Larry R. at EA...

My friend Larry did the playbooks for NCAA this year. I havent seen him around town lately to chat about football, but anyway...FSU doesn't run an option!!! Seriously, there are so many option plays in FSU's playbook it's ridiculous.

Once I start dynasty, I will change the plays up...but for online it hurts..can you play online with custom playbooks?

The plays are better this year no doubt..I ran the pistol with nevada..it was cool..but FSU needs some tweaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Dear Larry R. at EA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
My friend Larry did the playbooks for NCAA this year. I havent seen him around town lately to chat about football, but anyway...FSU doesn't run an option!!! Seriously, there are so many option plays in FSU's playbook it's ridiculous.

Once I start dynasty, I will change the plays up...but for online it hurts..can you play online with custom playbooks?

The plays are better this year no doubt..I ran the pistol with nevada..it was cool..but FSU needs some tweaking.
use a different teams playbook, find a team that runs the same playbook as FSU.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I noticed the same thing; I was having a hard time finding a playbook that I wanted to use because the teams I expected to use the style I wanted had formations and plays they never use irl
Old 07-23-2006, 12:27 PM   #4
Pro

Rau71's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah the playbooks are almost exactly the same for all teams, kinda weak.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #5
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab

I use FSU and I'm glad the option is in there. Put Xavier Lee as your qb and he and Booker make a fantastic option tandem.

If you want to get technical, FSU's playbook should have only one set. Shotgun-Spread. It seems to be all they run anyway.

They have really wasted some talented backs the last few years. If they had ran the ball at all last year, Leon Washington could have been a Heisman candidate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 01:05 PM   #6
MVP

Methlab's Arena

FSU will be running more single back spreads this year. There will be more focus on the run game, so the shotgun is not going to be used 100% of the time. I think FSU will go to the shotgun in long yard situations, or 2 minute offense. Since they are focusing so much on the run, I think those spread single back formations and I will be seen the most.

X Lee is nice, but I'm not going to run the option much with him. He is not an option QB.

One thing I do sometimes is mod the shotgun 2 back formation. I sub in A. Smith for the fullback. This is a pretty lethal formation if you want to throw in a change up. You can put Booker in motion as a receiver and use Smith as a runner.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

It's because they really don't have team specific playbooks per se. Every formation only has one set of plays. Therefore, if your team has a certain formation it has the same plays as any other team with that formation.

It is kind of lame.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:03 PM   #8
MVP

Methlab's Arena

^^^^^

Yes that is lame, and I thought that was something that was changed up this year. There was an article on how the new playbooks were team specific, blah, blah..it was hype obviously.

I kind of understand NCAA, but they cant even do team specific plays in Madden well either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »