Home

Jump the Snap - Yea or Nay?

This is a discussion on Jump the Snap - Yea or Nay? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you think about "Jump the Snap"?
I love it. NCAA 08 should keep it just like it is. 42 29.58%
NCAA 08 should have the option to turn it on or off. 19 13.38%
NCAA 08 should tone it down. 24 16.90%
NCAA 08 should tone it down and allow it to be tunred off. 38 26.76%
I hate it! Take it out of NCAA 08. 19 13.38%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2006, 06:16 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Jump the Snap - Yea or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan026
I like the idea, and since it's optional and you don't have the use it even when it's on, there's no need to have the option to turn it off.
I just realized I don't have to use it on AA and that makes me feel much better. As long as you never hit the X button, there is no late/great jump. You have to use your swim/spin moves first and then after at least a second you can use the X button without a late jump penalty. At least I can rush the QB on AA without feeling like I'm cheating because with jump the snap I can knock the OL down almost every time. It sucks not to try a speed rush around the OT sometimes but I can live with this. Still needs to be toned down with option to turn it off.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:42 AM   #18
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I basically only play vs. the CPU on AA. There has to be an option to turn off JTS. It's ridiculous watching your lineman get pushed out of the way immediately while the D-Lineman makes mincemeat out of the QB/RB. Reggie White could do it once in a great while, but that was about it.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I basically only play vs. the CPU on AA. There has to be an option to turn off JTS. It's ridiculous watching your lineman get pushed out of the way immediately while the D-Lineman makes mincemeat out of the QB/RB. Reggie White could do it once in a great while, but that was about it.
Its not too bad for the CPU on AA. If you think its bad on AA, don't even attempt Heisman since the CPU jumps the snap often and inferior defensive lineman will blow up good o-lineman regardless of sliders.

Mizzou, I played a couple of games with Missouri and was thinking of using them in my first dynasty but chose Wake Forest instead (close decision). I had read that they had two great TEs but I think EA made one guy an impact player and the other one not nearly as good. I thought they were close in ability (from what I read). Who is right here?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:53 AM   #20
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Pass/run commit? Explain please, what is that exactly?
If you press up or down on the R stick after the snap you can have your defense commit to the run or pass. But beware, you can get burned on play action.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:02 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I coach only and never play against other humans (man that sounds bad) but I think it should be toned down. Well, now that I think about, not necessarily the JTS feature but the DLinemen's ability to just throw an OLineman to the ground immediately following the snap. It happens with the JTS feature but it's been happening in EA games for years. I'm a former OL/DL and I've never done it nor seen anyone do it. A lineman is just too much man to be tossed around so easily EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 09:05 AM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
the DLinemen's ability to just throw an OLineman to the ground immediately following the snap. It happens with the JTS feature but it's been happening in EA games for years. I'm a former OL/DL and I've never done it nor seen anyone do it. A lineman is just too much man to be tossed around so easily EA.
You are right. Its a core problem with the player interaction engine so its something current gen will never see fixed. I don't know how the 360 is with regards to lineman being knocked down far too often.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:09 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 62

If they could turn it down a little bit, especially by the CPU I'd be happier than a pig in ....
Old 07-25-2006, 12:30 PM   #24
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
If they could turn it down a little bit, especially by the CPU I'd be happier than a pig in ....
Toning down would help but one of the problems is if you use jump the snap, you either get a "Great jump" or a "Late jump". What about "Average jump"? Its too all or nothing and if they added in an average jump where there was no difference, it wouldn't be so bad. Average should account for about 2/3 of the occurences. It shouldn't be so cut and dry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »