Home

So they Got rid of the Analog DefenseLine Controls?

This is a discussion on So they Got rid of the Analog DefenseLine Controls? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2006, 03:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
So they Got rid of the Analog DefenseLine Controls?

For ps2/xbox:
One thing I loved about last years game was using the analog stick on the defensive line as the controls for swim moves etc...

Well looks like they completely threw that out this year, or am I missing something? When I try to do a line move with the analog, the COMMIT sign pops up and I suppose that means my players commit to pass or run.

So can anyone confirm they got rid of the analog defensive moves this year? And if they did, how the heck do you do swim moves and the other moves on the dline this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 07:40 AM   #2
Rookie

JasonSGN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: So they Got rid of the Analog DefenseLine Controls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha
For ps2/xbox:
One thing I loved about last years game was using the analog stick on the defensive line as the controls for swim moves etc...

Well looks like they completely threw that out this year, or am I missing something? When I try to do a line move with the analog, the COMMIT sign pops up and I suppose that means my players commit to pass or run.

So can anyone confirm they got rid of the analog defensive moves this year? And if they did, how the heck do you do swim moves and the other moves on the dline this year?
Yeah, the right analog stick commits the defense to either the pass or run. The defensive lines moves are now mapped to the L1 and R1 buttons on the PS2. I'm having a hard time adjusting to this as I instinctively jiggled the right analog stick at the snap of the ball in NCAA 06.

Last edited by JasonSGN; 07-24-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:28 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I feel the same way. I really liked the feature last year. I don't like the commit feature really - you should just set that before the snap so you can still use the R-stick for your defensive lineman. I'm starting to get used to it.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

I was wondering why that commit sign kept coming up every play. Thanks a ton fellas.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:06 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

This really sucks. I dont know what reason they had to get rid of it.

I don't like using the shoulder buttons. It seems like I can't do anything, like madden, they just get stuck at the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »