Home

Anyone else noticing this? (360 Playbook related)

This is a discussion on Anyone else noticing this? (360 Playbook related) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Anyone else noticing this? (360 Playbook related)

When you are at the opponent screen and you press "A" to choose your uniforms/etc, it always has Akron as the playbook, meaning I have to change it to Washington State everytime. Thats a real pain and I wonder if its not doing the same thing for my CPU opponents in my dynasty, because Auburn just passed the ball 42 times against me, only running it about 25 times, in drubbing me 48-7. Being an SEC guy, I know the odds of Auburn throwing it over 40 times at the same time they are beating the pants off a team are slim. Seems like CPU teams are falling into the old PASS WAY TOO MUCH method.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 09:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone else noticing this? (360 Playbook related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
When you are at the opponent screen and you press "A" to choose your uniforms/etc, it always has Akron as the playbook, meaning I have to change it to Washington State everytime. Thats a real pain and I wonder if its not doing the same thing for my CPU opponents in my dynasty, because Auburn just passed the ball 42 times against me, only running it about 25 times, in drubbing me 48-7. Being an SEC guy, I know the odds of Auburn throwing it over 40 times at the same time they are beating the pants off a team are slim. Seems like CPU teams are falling into the old PASS WAY TOO MUCH method.
That's definitely not happening to me in my dynasty. Running teams, run the crap out of the ball and throwing teams throw it.

As for the playbook choice, I'm betting that is a feature - i.e. the Selection choice is starting on the first playbook alphabetically.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have noticed that, but I never thought about it from the CPU perspective. I don't think it really is impacting the CPU though b/c when I played Air Force, they ran a ton of options against me throughout the game.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:23 AM   #4
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan98
I have noticed that, but I never thought about it from the CPU perspective. I don't think it really is impacting the CPU though b/c when I played Air Force, they ran a ton of options against me throughout the game.
Hmm, wish I could see that because Auburn totally dominated me, but even after being up by 30 points, kept throwing like crazy. Maybe it was a fluke, I don't know, but considering their lead and the fact that Irons is a beast, I expected them to run a lot more than they did.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have noticed on 360, in the coaching screen, if you select certain playbooks (Florida comes to mind) it changes when you exit the screen. It seems to cycle up two playbooks alphabetically.

Anyone else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by masos98
I have noticed on 360, in the coaching screen, if you select certain playbooks (Florida comes to mind) it changes when you exit the screen. It seems to cycle up two playbooks alphabetically.

Anyone else notice this?
I'll check that and see if I see it also. If thats true, thats not good.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:58 AM   #7
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Check your user settings. You can set it to your prefered playbooks there and save your user profile after you do so. If you select team spacific it will give you the one spacific to the team you select.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:44 AM   #8
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Check your user settings. You can set it to your prefered playbooks there and save your user profile after you do so. If you select team spacific it will give you the one spacific to the team you select.
Ok, but if I am Washington State, like I am in my first Dynasty, why should it default to any other playbook other than what the selected team is? Not trying to bash EA, I like them, but its that kind of half assed way of making the games, that makes them such an enormous target.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »