Home

Tackling is becoming laughable now

This is a discussion on Tackling is becoming laughable now within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #33
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Tackling is becoming laughable now

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
In EA football you never have to aim where to throw the ball, the one button passing does not allow this.
I was talking about Fever. With regard to Madden or NCAA, it's all theoretical, broseph.

Edit: You do have some control. If you use the left stick when pressing the receiver's button, the throw will go more or less where you push the stick.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 07-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I was talking about Fever. With regard to Madden or NCAA, it's all theoretical, broseph.

Edit: You do have some control. If you use the left stick when pressing the receiver's button, the throw will go more or less where you push the stick.
This is only an option in EA football and you are not forced to use the stick at all. If you press the button to throw to a receiver, the lead is determined automatically no stick control necessary. It is like maximum passing in 2K football. This is not the same as the Read and Lead passing in NFL FEVER 2004.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:25 PM   #35
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

That's why he said you have "some" control. You can throw the ball high, low, lead left or right, overthrow a wide-reciever to see if they can catch it in stride, underthrow to keep the DB from getting to the ball, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 01:28 PM   #36
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
That's why he said you have "some" control. You can throw the ball high, low, lead left or right, overthrow a wide-reciever to see if they can catch it in stride, underthrow to keep the DB from getting to the ball, etc.
Thank you Longhorn

Old 07-24-2006, 01:31 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
I guess I was not very clear. What I should have said was you do not have to throw to a location on the field where the receiver is likely to be in EA football games, the one button passing does this automatically for you.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:33 PM   #38
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
This is only an option in EA football and you are not forced to use the stick at all. If you press the button to throw to a receiver, the lead is determined automatically no stick control necessary. It is like maximum passing in 2K football. This is not the same as the Read and Lead passing in NFL FEVER 2004.
R & L was an interesting idea, but from a sim point of view it was badly flawed. As bk pointed out, the abilities of the virtual qb made no difference. It was as though every team in the league had acquired their very own Peyton Manning clone.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #39
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

Quote:
I guess I was not very clear. What I should have said was you do not have to throw to a location on the field where the receiver is likely to be in EA football games, the one button passing does this automatically for you.
I am aware of the differences between EA Sports's games and Fever. I was posting on how to improve the Read and Lead system for any game that might use a similar system in the future.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
R & L was an interesting idea, but from a sim point of view it was badly flawed. As bk pointed out, the abilities of the virtual qb made no difference. It was as though every team in the league had acquired their very own Peyton Manning clone.

From a sim point of view it was an excellent idea because the user with Read and Lead passing like a real QB are trying to throw to a spot on the field where the reviever is likely to be not just timing. With one button passing is just timing, there is no leading a reciever required. That is really much less sim.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »