Home

Tackling is becoming laughable now

This is a discussion on Tackling is becoming laughable now within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:42 PM   #41
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Tackling is becoming laughable now

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
From a sim point of view it was an excellent idea because the user with Read and Lead passing like a real QB are trying to throw to a spot on the field where the reviever is likely to be not just timing. With one button passing is just timing, there is no leading a reciever required. That is really much less sim.
I completely disagree. There is nothing remotely "sim" about R & L, it's purely about video game stick skills that have little or nothing to do with football. At least EA's one button passing rewards the player controlling the better qb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #42
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I completely disagree. There is nothing remotely "sim" about R & L, it's purely about video gane stick skills that have little or nothing to do with football. At least EA's one button passing passing rewards the player controlling the better qb.
There are some things I really liked about R&L. But in that vein, I want ratings to matter also.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #43
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
From a sim point of view it was an excellent idea because the user with Read and Lead passing like a real QB are trying to throw to a spot on the field where the reviever is likely to be not just timing. With one button passing is just timing, there is no leading a reciever required. That is really much less sim.

If you want to get extra yards, you better bet you have to lead the reciever in this game. Throw it right at the guy, and the DB is going to be all over the receiver before he can turn and move.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:45 PM   #44
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
If you want to get extra yards, you better bet you have to lead the reciever in this game. Throw it right at the guy, and the DB is going to be all over the receiver before he can turn and move.
boy have I learned that on crossing routes and slants...the difference between catching a guy in stride and making him slow down or even reach back to catch a pass is huge
Old 07-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #45
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
boy have I learned that on crossing routes and slants...the difference between catching a guy in stride and making him slow down or even reach back to catch a pass is huge
Yup...works wonders on those mid-range routes once you start trying to lead the receiving and such. Throwing behind is fun, if they're running straight for a DB, as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #46
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Anyway....Anyone see this? 360 players how often does this happen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mo91...ch=ncaa%202007
Old 07-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Anyway....Anyone see this? 360 players how often does this happen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mo91...ch=ncaa%202007

Too often. Just like the defensive players getting hung up and running in place. Which is exactly what this thread was meant to talk about until the EA police highjacked the thread.
Minnesota Wild
Old 07-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilateen
IMO... I think that the 2 man/gang tackling wouldve did more harm than good. People are already complaing about 'ghost tackling', where the QB would get sacked by a forcefield around the defense.

Remember how Madden was known for the 'shoelace' tackle, just imagine 2 or more guys coming after you and getting real close....ok.
lol so true. I almost had my first kickoff return for a touchdown yesterday; the last man on defense gets knocked down by my blocker, but a forcefield shoots out of his prone body causing me to trip! Oh cruel world.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »