Home

Recruiting guide

This is a discussion on Recruiting guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2006, 08:02 PM   #33
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Recruiting guide

Soldier, not to correct you but, I think that you are a little off. 14-0 nation championship with FSU I got 280 points, not a big deal, but I think that is the max points you get.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-24-2006, 10:22 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Honestly, I don't know how that's possible. On the 360 as a 6*, assuming you use 0 points on staying in the NFL, you get 250 points for recruiting. Say you get 5 players in season and want 22 total. Then you have 250 points to spend on 17 players. Mathmatically, it's impossible to fill those 17 spots by consistantly going outside of the southeast as you can't even use the 16 point option for everyone in the surrounding states, Cali and Texas are at least 12 for the middle option. I call shananigans.
Uhh were you talking to me? How is it not possible? I don't use the highest options. ANd I don't fill up all available scholarship spots. It's usually about 6-8 5 stars and 6-10 4 stars. Which will usually equal an A+ team in 4 years if you're consistant.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:01 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENYON06
Uhh were you talking to me? How is it not possible? I don't use the highest options. ANd I don't fill up all available scholarship spots. It's usually about 6-8 5 stars and 6-10 4 stars. Which will usually equal an A+ team in 4 years if you're consistant.
I didn't know you weren't using up all the roster spots. Yeah, if you go out and only recruit 12-15 players you'll get good ones, but then you'll only have 12-15 players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 01:29 AM   #36
Rookie

skinny pimp's Arena

OVR: 0

i dont understand how EA makes life more difficult on the 360 version of this game but NOT the PS2 version. I suppose when I take over a 1-10 clemson team 15 years down the line and go 3-9 and pull in a top 50 class i will have to re-start dynasty.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:17 AM   #37
Rookie

johnnyastro's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm going to ask again just cause I really can't figure it out. Is Academic rating only on current gen? In other words, is there no reason to pitch academics unless the recruit specifically mentions them?

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:03 AM   #38
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

I just finished my first season at Illinois on Heisman, I went 9-3 in the regular season and beat South Carolina in the Outback Bowl for a 10-3 overall record. I went into recruiting and landed a good class.

In-season I landed 4 players, two 4 stars and two 3 stars. I then landed 15 players in the after season recruiting, I laned two 5 stars, four 4 stars, six 3 stars, two 2 stars, and one 1 star.

The strategy I used in recruiting was target the guys that have you in their top 4 (go for a few guys who have you in their top 8 but for the most part only if you are in their top 4) then what I did was send head coach and assisstant coaches out on visits early on, if the recruit is in state and you really want them send the house (only 15 pts on an in state recruit), just keep sending coaches out over the weeks til they get very highly interested, then if you are at #1 on their lists just keep sending coaches because thats obviously enough to impress them. The guys you are 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th on their lists after a couple weeks you will want to then send the house to try and make a push to win them over. I found this to be a good strategy that had successful results for me, I'm sure the bowl win was a big help to because when I just simmed as Illinois before rosters were out to get a feel for recruiting (I went 8-4 but lost my bowl) I couldn't get a sniff from any 5 stars but still had a decent number of four stars.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
How many options has he used and how close is he to commiting?

If the player has you even with another team or two:
If he's only given his opinion on one or two things, then wait. If he's done 3 or more, then just go for it. Very few players go for academics, so that'll narrow it down to 1 of 2 or so.

If you lead for the player by a large margin, then wait until you get a +.

If somebody else leads by a large margin, schedule as early as possible and guess.
I am the leader by a decent margin on the guy. I only have 2 comments on him so far. My next game is the game of the week, so I don't know if I should pull the trigger and bring him in or not.

All 3 of my recruits red bars are a least 3/4 to being filled.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:48 AM   #40
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
I just finished my first season at Illinois on Heisman, I went 9-3 in the regular season and beat South Carolina in the Outback Bowl for a 10-3 overall record. I went into recruiting and landed a good class.

In-season I landed 4 players, two 4 stars and two 3 stars. I then landed 15 players in the after season recruiting, I laned two 5 stars, four 4 stars, six 3 stars, two 2 stars, and one 1 star.

The strategy I used in recruiting was target the guys that have you in their top 4 (go for a few guys who have you in their top 8 but for the most part only if you are in their top 4) then what I did was send head coach and assisstant coaches out on visits early on, if the recruit is in state and you really want them send the house (only 15 pts on an in state recruit), just keep sending coaches out over the weeks til they get very highly interested, then if you are at #1 on their lists just keep sending coaches because thats obviously enough to impress them. The guys you are 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th on their lists after a couple weeks you will want to then send the house to try and make a push to win them over. I found this to be a good strategy that had successful results for me, I'm sure the bowl win was a big help to because when I just simmed as Illinois before rosters were out to get a feel for recruiting (I went 8-4 but lost my bowl) I couldn't get a sniff from any 5 stars but still had a decent number of four stars.
Are you on the 360 or the XBOX/PS2? Congrats on the good class. I ask what version because we have been discussing how much harder it was on the 360 version, but it seems like you pulled a really good class.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »