Home

REALISTIC CHANGES for 2008

This is a discussion on REALISTIC CHANGES for 2008 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 05:20 AM   #9
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: REALISTIC CHANGES for 2008

Quote:
- My biggest gameplay gribe is this. QB passes to much. I played West Virginia and they threw the ball 30 times and ran 10. WAY OFF. Im tired of leading the country in rush defense and being 90th in pass defense because im giving up 350 yards a game. Which leads me to safety play. Why do safeties play dumb?

360 fixes this for sure. In my UCF dynasty I'm 50th in the nation against the run. I just played a game where Houston rushed 25 times for 205 yards using 3 different backs.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:26 AM   #10
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelton
He's just mad that the refs can't save the Gators on the game too.

Damn dude....the Outback Bowl was almost seven months ago. I've gotten over the Alamo Bowl...gotta look ahead to the new season.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:55 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here's an idea: have the game run at 60 FPS instead of a mediocre 30 FPS with occasional slowdowns that venture into the dreaded 15-20 FPS zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 09:04 AM   #12
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7

I think that everyone is missing his point...maybe the basketball comparison was not on point, but I think his point is that EA has basically put out the same game with a bunch of crappy "features". Why everyone keeps defending EA is a mystery to me...they must be on the payroll or drinking the EA kool-aid. Is what he suggested so off key? People have been suggesting ideas to EA for years and they just choose to put out crap. At first, I blamed the developers for not coming up with this stuff, but after further thought, I blame the producers...they make all of the final decisions on what makes the final build. Not trying to insult anyone, but when you look at these guys, they don't look like they played a lick of ball. Before the game was released, Gamespot.com did an article about the upgraded playbooks and how the guys who were responsible for these new plays were experienced players...I look at the playbook and they sure look a lot like previous versions. EA always claims that they didn't have time to put this feature in the game knowing that it's a bunch of B.S.!

Skinny, you are on point with what you are saying...most people who believe otherwise are fooling themselves (IMO).
Old 07-25-2006, 09:11 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
That's basketball. This is football. That doesn't happen in football.
Off the top of my head Bobby Stoops started recruiting Myron Rolle as a freshman, so yeah it does.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #14
Rookie

skinny pimp's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0bison
I think that everyone is missing his point...maybe the basketball comparison was not on point, but I think his point is that EA has basically put out the same game with a bunch of crappy "features". Why everyone keeps defending EA is a mystery to me...they must be on the payroll or drinking the EA kool-aid. Is what he suggested so off key? People have been suggesting ideas to EA for years and they just choose to put out crap. At first, I blamed the developers for not coming up with this stuff, but after further thought, I blame the producers...they make all of the final decisions on what makes the final build. Not trying to insult anyone, but when you look at these guys, they don't look like they played a lick of ball. Before the game was released, Gamespot.com did an article about the upgraded playbooks and how the guys who were responsible for these new plays were experienced players...I look at the playbook and they sure look a lot like previous versions. EA always claims that they didn't have time to put this feature in the game knowing that it's a bunch of B.S.!

Skinny, you are on point with what you are saying...most people who believe otherwise are fooling themselves (IMO).
Thanks. The problem with people is they think I think the game sucks. I don't mind it. But, because it's basically a minor upgraded version of last years game, the replay value goes down the drain.

Also, the rosters are butchered. I can't remember how many players on Florida and various other teams were seniors when they should have been juniors or even redshirt sophmores.

Now I like the add on of all the playbooks.

Now, I think it's safe to say that EA won't change much. You go to their site and I don't ever recall seeing a "contact" link. EA doesn't want to hear the peoples opinion. Considering many of their games outside of the sports genre flat out suck, i'm not really sure what these guys do for a year of their job that they can only muster up 2 upgrades a year.

Also, to who defended the Chase the Heisman thing. Are you 12? Really? That's the only legitimate reason why you would rather them keep this in the game. Most of the people I know want this thing out of the game...and like I said...have EA spend time on other areas of the game.

And how can you people not be upset with EA? Just because this game is still enjoyable, you have to be a blind pushover to actually not see that EA is giving us slightly upgraded versions and continuing to charge us $50 for the game. So i'm the only one who feels cheated by EA?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:02 AM   #15
Rookie

skinny pimp's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Off the top of my head Bobby Stoops started recruiting Myron Rolle as a freshman, so yeah it does.
This is true. Just like Wake Forest started recruiting Chris Leak when he was a freshman and got a commitment from him when he was a sophmore. Obviously didn't stick, but you get my point. Generally your future 5 star players are going to be recruited hard from their sophmore year. Noel Devine was recruited by nearly every top program in the country while he was only a sophmore in high school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 10:20 AM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
It's a rarity at best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »