Home

Instant Classics?

This is a discussion on Instant Classics? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 04:39 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Instant Classics?

So I'm wondering what does it take to get an instant classic??

I am playing as UW in my dynasty, I'm in my 4th game of the first season vs. UCLA and I am getting totally blown off the field. I am down 31-7 at the half and it could have been worse, my only TD came on a 47 yard TD run coming on a 4th down attempt.

So I start off the second half with the ball, and bust another big run and cut the score to 31-14, get a turnover and a quick score to make it 31-21. This is followed by a quick 3 and out and a long run by Stanback that leads to another TD making it 31-28 and I run out the remainder of the 3rd quarter. I start the 4th with the ball and mix it up down the field and eventually run another in with my RB to finally take the lead 31-35.... I then have to play defense for the next 3 minutes as I battle to stop them but nothing works until I get an INT on the 3 yard line totally selling out and had I missed it would have been a TD for UCLA..... I run out the final 1:30 and I win the game..... and it isn't an Instant Classic...

So I figured some of you guys could post your games on here to see what it take to get a game listed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Instant Classics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03

I am playing as UW in my dynasty, I'm in my 4th game of the first season vs. UCLA and I am getting totally blown off the field. I am down 31-7 at the half and it could have been worse, my only TD came on a 47 yard TD run coming on a 4th down attempt.

So I start off the second half with the ball, and bust another big run and cut the score to 31-14, get a turnover and a quick score to make it 31-21. This is followed by a quick 3 and out and a long run by Stanback that leads to another TD making it 31-28 and I run out the remainder of the 3rd quarter. I start the 4th with the ball and mix it up down the field and eventually run another in with my RB to finally take the lead 31-35.... I then have to play defense for the next 3 minutes as I battle to stop them but nothing works until I get an INT on the 3 yard line totally selling out and had I missed it would have been a TD for UCLA..... I run out the final 1:30 and I win the game..... and it isn't an Instant Classic...

So I figured some of you guys could post your games on here to see what it take to get a game listed.
I'm wondering as well. I've had several games like this but still don't have any instant classics.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03

Someone on these boards said that running out the clock results in "No Instant Classic" Not sure about how the game decides though...
Old 07-25-2006, 09:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

i think i blew one. i had west va at florida. i was down 28-13 at halftime. with about 2:15 remaining in the fourth florida ties the game at 35. i kick a field goal with about 1:15 on the clock and on the next possesion i return a interception for a td to go up 45-35 with 30 seconds left.

my guess is that point spread plays a factor also.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
Unofficial OS Prodigy

aiahopeful's Arena

OVR: 1

I actually had two instant classics in a row. First game I came back from being down big, took the lead late in the fourth, and sealed the win with an interception in the goalline, very similar to biodawg's, except my pick came with 0 seconds left. My next game, I had a slight lead all day. With about 1 minute left my opponent gets the ball down by 5. It's fourth down at my 10 yard line with 0 seconds left and they hit a TE in the endzone for the win.

I can only say maybe because these happened with no time on the clock, it was more "classic"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 09:52 AM   #6
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

I've had a few, my most recent came in my Outback Bowl win in my dynasty mode, I don't remember the final score off the top of my head but anyway I was up late in the 4th but South Carolina was driving, they wound up scoring with 53 seconds left to put them up by 4, I had all 3 timeouts left and strung together a drive and scored with 9 seconds left, SC took the kick return to their 35 and had time for one shot at a pass which I batted down to seal the victory and it gave me an Instant Classic.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Old 07-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had the classic of all classic games against michigan. I was up by 3 scores, they came back. I was still up by 6 points and was trying to kill the clock. I fumbled the ball and they ended up scoring leaving me with only 28 seconds on the clock.

My jaw was dropped to the floor I couldn't believe I had just lost this game. So on the kick return I just ran the ball out of bounds at about the 20. The first play was an incomplete pass. So I tried another bomb. This time, somehow Rhema Mcknight caught the ball around the Michigan 40 yard line. I couldnt' believe it. I called a time out and only had like 2 seconds on the clock.

I call my play which included having Jeff Samarja isolated on the left side of the field. I rolled to the right and no one was open. So I just heaved the ball towards Samardja and he caught it on the 3 yard line and fell into the endzone for a touchdown!!! I couldn't believe it. I jumped up and down and yelled like ND had just pulled off a miracle win in real life. lol

This was an instant classic with a score of around 1388.

The game is gone though. I played USC later that season in another instant classic, and for some reason that USC game replaced the Michigan game, and the Michigan game isn't even on their anymore. My usc game only had an Instant classic score of around 300 something. So I am mad, that the most classic game ever is not even on the board anymore. What gives?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:16 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

I've had 3 instant classics but I only remember one. I believe it got a 1200 score or something.

I was Notre Dame, playing at #3 Miami. Basically at the end of the first half it's 21-10 with me winning. At the end of the third quarter its 31-17, with me winning. In the 4th, Miami breaks off a 50 yard run and scores making it 31-23, their PAT is blocked. I kick a fieldgoal making it 34-23. They drive down and score, and go for 2 and succeed (I wasn't paying attention and picked field goal block). So its 34-31. Theres about 1:50 left in the game. They kick me the ball, and I drive a bit and have to punt. It's a touchback and they get the ball on their 20 with 30 seconds left. At this point I put the controller down real quick to throw a steak on the grill and when I come back their receiver is in the endzone. Drive summary= 1 play, 80 yards. ORLY. So now it's 34 - 38 with them winning. Now here's where I bust out the heroics. Sike. I got picked off and the game ended and this little 'Greatest Game' Box came up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »