Home

One thing I am finding that I like.

This is a discussion on One thing I am finding that I like. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 09:33 PM   #9
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: One thing I am finding that I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I run the speed option out of the shotgun with Troy Smith. It's a great play but, it's not a money play. You need to hit the black button to get it to the back, but be damn sure he's there because you will fumble.

It's also good to see that the screens finally work.

I agree totally, and I love Miami's mix of backs. I can grind it up the middle with T. Moss early on and establish my run. Once that's setup, I throw in a few PA's to open up my passing game. And then whenever I have Charlie Jones or Derron Thomas, I use draw plays on 3-4 wide sets to get them some opening field to operate. And feels good to be rewarded when you

They're heading in the right direction with this and I'm hoping they don't try and tweak it for future games, because for the first time I feel that having some depth and variety in my roster makes a big difference. :-). I also love how the different attributes make a difference as well. Power backs need to throw the arm and are less effective with the spin and more agile backs have more success with the jukes/spins. I find myself constantly looking at player attributes during the game to know who's good with finesse moves and who's better with power moves on both sides of the ball. Just love it.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:50 PM   #10
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

The stretch is done much better this year, especially when you've established an inside run. I even saw one of my receivers throw a pretty dirty looking crackback a linebacker who I thought was about to blow me up. It sprung me for a pretty decent gain. Definitely the most balanced running game I have seen in a football game.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:54 PM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestKJ
I agree totally, and I love Miami's mix of backs. I can grind it up the middle with T. Moss early on and establish my run. Once that's setup, I throw in a few PA's to open up my passing game. And then whenever I have Charlie Jones or Derron Thomas, I use draw plays on 3-4 wide sets to get them some opening field to operate. And feels good to be rewarded when you

They're heading in the right direction with this and I'm hoping they don't try and tweak it for future games, because for the first time I feel that having some depth and variety in my roster makes a big difference. :-). I also love how the different attributes make a difference as well. Power backs need to throw the arm and are less effective with the spin and more agile backs have more success with the jukes/spins. I find myself constantly looking at player attributes during the game to know who's good with finesse moves and who's better with power moves on both sides of the ball. Just love it.
I find this definitely to be true. I can tell a big difference between power backs and scat backs. In my Stanford dynasty, all my backs have nice speed and agility but I lack a big back. For my system I prefer power backs, so recruiting priority #1 (after trying to find replacements for my soon to graduate WR's) is to sign a big back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 10:05 PM   #12
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Who is the guy on USC #27 I think, 235lbs? Second on the depth chart, I used USC the other day against UCLA and he was simply ploughing through defenders, breaking through a lot of initial contact and rumbling for extra yards. I have never had a power back feel as much like a power back in a football videogame than in that game. I ended up plugging him in the atop the depth chart after the first quarter and he finished the game with over thirty carries for about 200 yards and three touchdowns. Does anyone know if in dynasty some of the bigger backs are able to get their weight up to around 235 after their freshman year or do they still only gain about three pounds per year?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:35 PM   #13
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Who is the guy on USC #27 I think, 235lbs? Second on the depth chart, I used USC the other day against UCLA and he was simply ploughing through defenders, breaking through a lot of initial contact and rumbling for extra yards. I have never had a power back feel as much like a power back in a football videogame than in that game. I ended up plugging him in the atop the depth chart after the first quarter and he finished the game with over thirty carries for about 200 yards and three touchdowns. Does anyone know if in dynasty some of the bigger backs are able to get their weight up to around 235 after their freshman year or do they still only gain about three pounds per year?

I haven't noticed the weight gain. But I really doubt that they including attributes based on weight changes. Like if your scat back jumps to 240, it would be really neat if his attributes change to fit his size and weight

I also do notice that playing on 9 minutes it's the absolute way to play and I'll tell you why. The trick is to let the cutscenes run through after you choose the plays, this way you (1) let the clock run down to get the right number of plays per game and (2) you don't run down the fatigue of your 1st stringers.

Also, unless you want to be like VaTech, take out your star players from special teams so you conserve their energy. There have been several times when I got burned on the pass because I have Willie Williams and Kenny Phillips on the kick off team.

MAN!!! I gotta stop posting while I'm at work. It's killing me cause the more I post the more it makes the time go by much slower. Time spent at work is time away from NCAA!!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:31 PM   #14
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
This is the first game I have played that properly executes the stretch running plays.

Also does a nice job in the screen/draw game as well.
I may be wrong but I don't remember NCAA having stretch plays in the previous versions. I am really glad they have added it to this version.

The stretch plays are OU's bread and better with Peterson in real life. Is nice to be able to run it on the game.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-26-2006, 12:45 AM   #15
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Michael Coleman. Think LenDale White, with speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 02:48 AM   #16
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Michael Coleman. Think LenDale White, with speed.
The rich get richer.

In all seriousness Brian, who is the one asst coach that USC cannot afford to lose? We have seen several teams(FSU, Oklahoma, etc) lose key assistants to head coaching spots and they start to taper off talent wise.

On topic: Yeah I also think this is the best football game I have ever played. Online and offline. Of course there is always improvements that can be made but it is what it is, and thats a darn good video game of college football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »