Home

EA PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS IDEA

This is a discussion on EA PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS IDEA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
EA PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS IDEA

In online play for NCAA and Madden.

Have a section called ranked quickmatch where people click and immediately get sent into a game with evenly matched RANDOM teams (unable to back out when they see who they have etc without giving them a loss) That way we don't have to play with and against the same teams all the time. Could even have a Random quickmatch where people would get two totally random teams even if lopsided, give more weight to winning with a heavy underdog even possibly barely lossing with a heavy underdog.

Anyone else think this would be fun and mix up the game a bit??

Last edited by xylocaine; 07-25-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: EA PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS IDEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine

Have a section called ranked quickmatch where people click and immediately get sent into a game with evenly matched RANDOM teams (unable to back out when they see who they have etc without giving them a loss) That was we don't have to play with and against the same teams all the time. Could even have a Random quickmatch where people would get two totally random teams even if lopsided, give more weight to winning with a heavy underdog even possibly barely lossing with a heavy underdog.

That's a great idea and i'd certainly play it, I think most str8 players would. However i'm not so sure the cheesing crowd would love it (maybe a good thing so we could find str8 games at random). However I honestly feel we're about 2 to 3 years from EA taking online seriously in any way shape or form so I doubt we'll see this type of thing.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-26-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine

Have a section called ranked quickmatch where people click and immediately get sent into a game with evenly matched RANDOM teams (unable to back out when they see who they have etc without giving them a loss) That way we don't have to play with and against the same teams all the time. Could even have a Random quickmatch where people would get two totally random teams even if lopsided, give more weight to winning with a heavy underdog even possibly barely lossing with a heavy underdog.

yeah they could do much more with the online setup.
you have a good idea but if they were lazy they could come up with a simple formula to handicap each game.
when you looked at someone's stats your record could be, for example, 10-3 straight up but only 1-12 against the spread(ATS). while someone else may only be 5-7 straight up but be 12-0 ATS. Who's the better player? let the debates begin.
it'll help you see who the true ballers are out there. not to mention, people would be more inclined to use their favorite school if they could be rewarded with a good ATS record. i know its kinda taboo but to be candid in real life against the ATS record tells you more about a coaches skill than almost any other stat.
i like the way you choose to think. now if we can have em get their heads out of their asses and include bad snaps in the kicking game at some point so blocked kicks would be a factor i would be happy. 17years and counting of perfect kicking game snaps. WTF.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

EA has stated in the past that online does not make them a lot of money, and is not very lucrative. So thats all you need to know. Because EA is about money and money only, they will never put much effort into something cool like online play.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
EA has stated in the past that online does not make them a lot of money, and is not very lucrative. So thats all you need to know. Because EA is about money and money only, they will never put much effort into something cool like online play.
the bottom line is a factor, thats why i think something as easy to implement as a handicapping system has a better chance of being implemented...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 11:52 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Here is another idea. Make the QB lose accuracy the further he drops back. Give him an alive in game accuracy and arm strength meter that sinks the further you drop back. I don't even drop back and the QB can throw the ball 80 yards. And this is NC State's QB, who's Throwing Power is like 88 I think.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #7
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Here is another idea. Make the QB lose accuracy the further he drops back. Give him an alive in game accuracy and arm strength meter that sinks the further you drop back. I don't even drop back and the QB can throw the ball 80 yards. And this is NC State's QB, who's Throwing Power is like 88 I think.
Marcus Stone #9 has a canon for an arm but accuracy should be about a 65% LOL
Guy was a stud coming out of HS with all the physical tools but so far hasn't shown his true potential. We will see this year.

Yeah, dropping back further than 4 yards or so should dramatically decrease accuracy. I was just trying to figure out a fun way to mix it up so that we could play alot of the seldom used teams online. It's kind of like playing NBA 2K6 online, and people always chosing Dallas, Spurs, Heat etc...
Old 07-26-2006, 07:21 PM   #8
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't play online, but I think this is a good idea. I imagine it must get frustrating having to play the game against the same teams all the time. When I used to play games online back on the Xbox and primarily whn I was a beta tester for Live it wasn't too bad, but it did happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »