Home

Freezing problem on the 360: poll

This is a discussion on Freezing problem on the 360: poll within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which problems are you having? (multiple choices allowed)
Dirty Disk Errors in-game 74 23.42%
Dirty Disk Errors in menu/rosters 22 6.96%
Freezing (no DDE message) in-game 77 24.37%
Freezing (no DDE message) in the rosters/menus 23 7.28%
No freezing/DDE problems 164 51.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2006, 07:43 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Freezing problem on the 360: poll

Well I have the Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943. Would everyone that is having freezing issues, please post what drive they have? You don't have to open your 360 to find out, each one in that picture has a different looking tray, so just eject the tray and see which tray you have. While that is not 100% fool proof, it should give us a good idea.

So Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943: YES lockups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 08:10 PM   #66
Rookie

ThomasP's Arena

OVR: 6

I have been having a freezing problem at the end of games. Put my 360 in the horizontal position and after 2 games so far, no freezing! I have the Samsung drive.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:20 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

OK, just finished (yes, actually made it all the way thru) my first game after doing the "clean disc with rubbing alcohol" suggestion. I don't know if this actually is what did it as I also did the following:

- Never paused the game while playing
- Waited until there was about 10 seconds on the play clock while I was on offense before pressing "A" to get to the line of scrimmage (never skipped any cutscenes while on defense, but I never did before)
- Played "Prey" before NCAA. Some suggestions said playing another game before NCAA helps clear the cache and I thought this was an appropriately named title to play beforehand...

I guess the only thing to do is keep playing with some of these combinations and hoping for no more DDE's... Pretty sad this is what playing video games has come down to, but it's the price to pay, as I really like the game...

And to contribute to the poll, I have the Toshiba-Samsung drive...
Old 07-28-2006, 10:44 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well i've had two dde's come up since i purchased the game, once during online play, and another during play itself in an exibition game. I purchased my 360 back in late february or early march, can't remember. I've not had this problem with any other games including the freeze up king, MLB 2K6.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:00 AM   #69
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgnjul
Well I have the Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943. Would everyone that is having freezing issues, please post what drive they have? You don't have to open your 360 to find out, each one in that picture has a different looking tray, so just eject the tray and see which tray you have. While that is not 100% fool proof, it should give us a good idea.

So Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943: YES lockups.
The guys over at utopiacollegesports.com have had such a poll up for a while now, here are the results to date:
  • Samsung Drive and Yes you have disc read errors.- 9 (36.00 %)
  • Hitachi Drive and Yes you have read errors. - 1 (4.00%)
  • Philips and Yes you have read errors.- 0 (no responses)
  • Samsung Drive and No disc read errors. - 8 (32.00%)
  • Hitachi Drive and No disc read errors. - 7 (28.00%)
  • Philips and No disc read errors. .- 0 (no responses)

Last edited by coogrfan; 07-29-2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Interesting thread. I actually switched mu game back in yesterday for new copy from Fry's because I was working on some rosters and the game kept freezing and giving me this dirty disc error. I fired up mu NBA Live 06 played for about one half no problems, then played COD 2 again no problems.

Put the NCAA disc back in to test it out and right after the opening kickoff a of the game here comes the dirty disc message again....

By that time I had enough of that crap and took it back to Fry's and they swapped me new game. Played 2 full games after that with no problems.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:51 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgnjul
I've tried 2 discs - both lock up. The first one, only bought yesterday, would lock up after the kickoff every game I tried (6). The disc I replaced it with today locks up sometime within the first quarter (all 3 games I tried). It's the ONLY game I have that I have any problems with. I've called EA and Microsoft today. The both of course blame each other. Microsoft refered me to this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916110/en-us I did try Madden, NFS, Table Tennis and Tomb Raider after NCAA gave me problems and all those games run without an issue. It's begining to look like no NCAA this year for me.

Yep, same here. Three different discs--and everyone get freezes. I've had my 360 for about three months and this is the ONLY game that I've had problems with. Figures--EA puts out a decent game and I can't play the #%#@&*@ thing. What BS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 01:40 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Well count me in ...as someone who's 360 was destroyed by the ncaa disc...I have 2 systems one I bought at launch and has given me no problems at all no overheating..no freezing etc..that is until I put NCAA in..after 1 quarter the game freezes up and says the disc is unreadable...try to start it back up and all I get is three flashing red lights..take the game out and no othe r game starts up at all...ok I had a second 360 that was given to me as a present that I never used..it was purchased..in january..Matter of fact it was still boxed up as I was going to give it as a gift to my son...Anyway I get a completely new disc from Walmart..no problems for 5 days ..all of a sudden as I am editing rosters it freezes and gives me an unreadable disc error..here we go again..Take it out but this time it plays other games...Put Ncaa back in and again all I get is 3 flashing red lights...call Microsoft up and troubleshoot for 15 minutes..eventually it comes down to me sending both in too get repaired..oh they did give me 25% off of each repair..Man I complained and screamed ..and finally the rep says we have had alot of problems with that NCAA disc..you should call EA but he doubted they will admit to anything...This is ridiculous 2 systems that were perfectly fine until I put this NCAA crap in...has anyone actually talked to EA? is it worth a try to complain to them?...
Yep. Just tried to put in GR and..RED light! No problems, AT ALL, for three months and after NCAA 07 my system is fried. This is phucking unreal. I'm so pissed right now I can't see straight. I'm making so calls, though I doubt anything will come of it. If you hear anything please be sure to post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »