Home

In-Season Recruiting: Who did you get to committ?

This is a discussion on In-Season Recruiting: Who did you get to committ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2006, 10:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: In-Season Recruiting: Who did you get to committ?

I'm in my second season, and my in season recruiting is done. I landed the top ranked HB #11 over all, the top ranked Defensive end. #25 over all. And the #40 over all rated player. A 6'5 receiver with 4.39 speed.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:12 AM   #10
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

SoMiss, I am also using Southern Miss. Are you targeting the area on your team that are senior ladden. Namely the fact that both your LG's are seniors. My in-season plan was to try to add players at positions that I will be hurting for next year, so that I have less to worry about at the end of the year. Recruiting is so much differnt on the 360 this year. It's gonna be hard to relace all those seniors with quality (at least from what I've seen). Let us know how you do.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #11
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

I am using FSU, and actually dominating 6-0 in my season so far, and i invited two guys(a 5 star MLB and a 4 star CB) to my game against BC, and I beat them without much ease, and after the game, they both committed to my program and I was jumping around my apartment. Haha, I have four guys left, and I am numbero uno on all their lists and they all have 25 points, and 2 of them are coming to my next game.
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #12
Rookie

brentbarry31's Arena

OVR: 2

In my Washington dynasty I just got my first commitment after beating Oregon State. A 4-star FB from California. Yes, a FB. I've got 4-star MLB, SS, and HB still interested and they will be visiting during my season-finale against Stanford. I think I'll be nervous during that game.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
SoMiss, I am also using Southern Miss. Are you targeting the area on your team that are senior ladden. Namely the fact that both your LG's are seniors. My in-season plan was to try to add players at positions that I will be hurting for next year, so that I have less to worry about at the end of the year. Recruiting is so much differnt on the 360 this year. It's gonna be hard to relace all those seniors with quality (at least from what I've seen). Let us know how you do.
Yeah, i'm targeting the offense this year because of guys leaving. I did manage a LG in in-season recruiting. After the season, I'll be targeting more Offensive line guys. I'll also look for help at running back, SS, and Kicker. My punter sucks too so I'll be looking for help there.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-27-2006, 07:43 PM   #14
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Yeah, i'm targeting the offense this year because of guys leaving. I did manage a LG in in-season recruiting. After the season, I'll be targeting more Offensive line guys. I'll also look for help at running back, SS, and Kicker. My punter sucks too so I'll be looking for help there.
Hull, had such a great Junior year he wanted to go pro, but I was able to secure him for one more year. So I was able to redshirt a 4* RB I picked up after season one recruiting to allow him to have time to grow and be able to step into the majority of the carries in his first full year.

USM is lucky though, as having two above average QB's it was ok for me to let Young walk away after his junior year because I had a guy ready to step in with an 88 overall rating after progression.

Also, I find the best way to recruit for USM is how they kinda do it in real life... fill up the LB's and DB's with as much speed as possible to lead to a play-making type defense and have enough punch on offense to win out the games. Also, how crappy Conference USA now really helps to make sure USM has a good season
Old 07-27-2006, 09:22 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiecu
Since I play as Clemson...I created couple of players that committed for our '07 recruiting class. I had Willy Korn 5-star QB, and Marcus Gilchrist a 4-star CB. I had both them commit. My total commitment for my first season so though was 15 5-stars and 7 4-stars. I won the National Championship that previous year and went undefeated....I know that's alot! I play on Xbox.

I'm sure it will be harder to do this on Xbox 360...atleast so I heard about how challenging is on the 360.
I had only one commit during the season and had about 3-4 * commit in the off-season...the one I had during the season was the #2 QB in the nation so I re-named him Willy Korn (I use Clemson) to make it more true to life...but thats as far as I went with re-naming guys because you cant change their race so I just left the rest CPU generated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 PM   #16
Rookie

wgrantham's Arena

OVR: 4

the in season seems a little off to me, i started a dynasty with san jose state and ended up with 4 4* recruits by the end of the season where i went 7-4 (havnt played hawaii bowl yet). im not complaining but if SJSU does taht i will be very surprised
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Who cares?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »