Home

Just want to know if it happens to you.

This is a discussion on Just want to know if it happens to you. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2006, 02:05 PM   #1

OVR: 34
Just want to know if it happens to you.

I'm playing NCAA on the 360. I am enjoying it, but one thing is getting so hard to overlook. On offense, my WR's are running their routes only to hit a DB and just stand there and run in place. No flags are thrown or anything.

Now, I just had a great game where it was really close, and on 3rd and 7 the cpu trys a pass across the middle. It's incomplete, but I get the PI.

I almost thought about video taping what happened when I was on offense just to show what's going on, but I just don't have the time.

Anyway, this is something that is a game killer to me. My WRs are consistently getting cut off and just running in place for like 2-3 seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Just want to know if it happens to you.

Game killer sounds so dramatic. It happens to my WR's every now and then. Usually though I have at least 3 other guys to choose from.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I'm playing NCAA on the 360. I am enjoying it, but one thing is getting so hard to overlook. On offense, my WR's are running their routes only to hit a DB and just stand there and run in place. No flags are thrown or anything.

Now, I just had a great game where it was really close, and on 3rd and 7 the cpu trys a pass across the middle. It's incomplete, but I get the PI.

I almost thought about video taping what happened when I was on offense just to show what's going on, but I just don't have the time.

Anyway, this is something that is a game killer to me. My WRs are consistently getting cut off and just running in place for like 2-3 seconds.
Yeah it happens to me but I get over it, besides there should be other wide receivers running around you can throw to (unless yur running a 1WR formation, but why?)...spread the ball around...definitely not a game killer...
Old 07-27-2006, 02:26 PM   #4

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by quochai
Yeah it happens to me but I get over it, besides there should be other wide receivers running around you can throw to (unless yur running a 1WR formation, but why?)...spread the ball around...definitely not a game killer...
I don't always go their way, in fact I usually don't because there's no way he's going to get the ball. If it's not a game killer, it's definately a drive killer.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
I don't always go their way, in fact I usually don't because there's no way he's going to get the ball. If it's not a game killer, it's definately a drive killer.
it happens maybe twice a game for me, thats two plays outta ~50, I admit its annoying as heck but it doesnt happen too often...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

The pass interference calls do seem random. I don't think it is possible for this game to have a good PI system with the current poor simulation of collision detection/physics.

I just try to get the sliders adjusted to where PI will occur at a realistic rate and chalk up any bad PI calls to an abstraction of reality.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:08 AM   #7
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
The pass interference calls do seem random. I don't think it is possible for this game to have a good PI system with the current poor simulation of collision detection/physics.

I just try to get the sliders adjusted to where PI will occur at a realistic rate and chalk up any bad PI calls to an abstraction of reality.
Yeah, this is not great, but definitely not a game killer for me. And of course, sometimes PI is blatant in a real game and is not called so I just try to look at it that way when playing the game.

One thing I have found is that penaly slider adjustments do have a real impact. Slight changes can bring more or less penalties as you wish. I think I have mine down pretty well where I get a realistic number of penalties. The only one I have yet to see even with major slider adjustments is face-masking.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

It happens to TE's too. Sometimes they'll come off the line and run into the DE and both the TE and DE just stand there running. Sometimes WR's will get caught on each other too or defenders will get caught up on each other. Small bugs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »