Home

Does anyone agree with me?

This is a discussion on Does anyone agree with me? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2006, 01:02 PM   #9
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Does anyone agree with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Which is why I fear gang tackling will never make it into the game. And the better the graphics look, the more absurd the tackle-animation-force-field-effect looks.

But I guess that's the trade-off... jerky, short animations with gang tackling, or smoother animations without. I was under the impression the 360 would allow for a combination of both.
It is still very possible to get pile-on tackling doen with this engine. It would just take a monumental effort, at least to make sure it doesn't look out of place.

They would have to completely scrap their whole catalog of tackle animations and start from scratch. Get a new catalog of animations that incorporates pile-on tackling. With this engine though, they would have to have a seperate canned animation for almost every possibilty that takes into account angle of attack, weight, speed etc. Needless to say, alot of variables and alot of animations, and no easy thing to do.

I don't see another viable alternative that wouldn't look terrible.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

For me personally I feel the 360 version plays too fast for my taste. I also feel that the high speed is a bit unrealistic, the players can move across large areas of real estate too fast.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #11
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
For me personally I feel the 360 version plays too fast for my taste. I also feel that the high speed is a bit unrealistic, the players can move across large areas of real estate too fast.
It's not so much that it neccessary plays too fast, it's just they really need to work on the collision detection a bit. Two players will engage in a tackle animation much sooner than they should and on top of that, some of the "fighting for extra yards" animations last too long, and where you should get an extra yard or two, you get 5 or 6.

There's other problems that contribute to making the game feel faster than it actually is. In reality, the gameplay is slower than current gen, and as the engine develops over the years, this will become more evident.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #12
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
...and on top of that, some of the "fighting for extra yards" animations last too long, and where you should get an extra yard or two, you get 5 or 6.
I think this is a product of no gang tackling since touching a tackle in progress is out of the question.

There's so much good about this game, but they cut corners on some of the most essential aspects of football. There are 2-3 MAJOR things stopping this game from being what I expected from a 360 title. If they ever address the player interaction issues(tackling, blocking & post play wandering) and presentation(pre & post play action), this would be, without a doubt, the best game I ever played
Old 07-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #13
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I think this is a product of no gang tackling since touching a tackle in progress is out of the question.

There's so much good about this game, but they cut corners on some of the most essential aspects of football. There are 2-3 MAJOR things stopping this game from being what I expected from a 360 title. If they ever address the player interaction issues(tackling, blocking & post play wandering) and presentation(pre & post play action), this would be, without a doubt, the best game I ever played
Agreed. And even though you, me and the large majority of other people complain about this game at times about different things, the reality is, it's not that far off from being the holy grail of football. Major fixes and all.

As it stands, there IS no holy grail for video game football. There's just alot of high quality games. 2k5 falls in this category, as does Madden 2003 and 06 along with NCAA 2004.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:58 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

to make ncaa run faster go to settings. turn master volume to 50 all other to 40 game will play faster

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »