Home

"Disc Unreadable"

This is a discussion on "Disc Unreadable" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: "Disc Unreadable"

It was happening to me for awhile - until I read on here that you shouldn't keep pressing A repeatedly to get through cut scenes - as this overloads the cache (or some technical explanation like that). Bottom line - if you are patient and wait through the various cut scenes (I only hit A to skip a cut scene when there is 10-15 seconds left on the play clock) - you should be OK.

I am playing at night right now, in the rain, and it has been fine. Knock on wood.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:40 PM   #10
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm not getting DDE's but i'm getting freezes when the camera goes from game action to the stadium pan... its begining to get very frustrating... I'm debating buying a PS2 copy.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-28-2006, 03:13 PM   #11
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
No doubt there is a widespread problem with the NCAA discs, that a patch can hopefully alleviate. Difference being that your system still works with other games. Alot of launch models, after locking up on NCAA, just stop working altogether.
Bingo !! That's what happened to me..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #12
Rookie

jk5911's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
No doubt there is a widespread problem with the NCAA discs, that a patch can hopefully alleviate. Difference being that your system still works with other games. Alot of launch models, after locking up on NCAA, just stop working altogether.

You just described exactly what happened to my near launch model 360.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #13
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
I'm not getting DDE's but i'm getting freezes when the camera goes from game action to the stadium pan... its begining to get very frustrating... I'm debating buying a PS2 copy.
Please don't...make EA work for your money.

The college football season is still over a month away so EA still has some time to make tihis right.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:34 PM   #14
Rookie

theMUHMEshow's Arena

OVR: 3

I am getting a new copy tonight...hopefully this might fix my problem A BIT lol...I cant keep racking up these online losses from the damn thing freezing!!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:57 PM   #15
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

A few days ago I had a lot of "use only xbox 360 games" type errors when I put the disc in. But now I have none. I don't have any freeze or lockup issues either.

I got my 360 around New Years, and haven't had any problems at all with it. I have it sitting in a well ventilated space where it and the power supply aren't in a cabinet.

In fact it seems to be pretty resilient - I'm in Nothern AZ and the temperature has climbed to the high 90s and it gets to be like 83 degrees or so in the house - I have no air conditioning, just an evaporative cooler. I have played at length for up to an hour and a half just fine. I did buy an extended warranty just in case though, so I'm protected.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »