Home

Heartbreaker in Philly!

This is a discussion on Heartbreaker in Philly! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Heartbreaker in Philly!

So im playing my dynasty with Temple, because i want the challenge of building a team up from 119 hopefully into the top 25 one day, and i get blown out at home against Buffalo 45-21. The only bright spot is my running game trio of my true freshman QB and my star senior RB and true freshmen RB.A combined total of 239 on the ground attack. Yet only 87 in the air!My second game was against # 1o Louisville at home. My run game showed up again and scorched them for 203 in the first half. i found myself winning 17-0 at the half and my D came to play today. Then the third began and my Offense sputtered and my D was trying to desperatley hang on. Louisville marched on every possession into the redzone and my D would have answer forcing 2 FG attempts in the third Q both missed ! Then my Offense just dissapeared and my D became TIRED. The louisville QB scorched my D and the RB ran all over me. Halfway thru the 4th its 17-14.Im hanging on with all i got i found my self playing against the clock rather then trying to move the ball as my Offense would not move.at the 2 minute mark Louisville marched and scored a TD making it 21-17 with 1:26 left.On my next possession first play i had 3 wide recievers stacked to the right.My 3rd string WR broke out and open all alone 30 yards downfield i threw it with no pressure at all and the ball sailed right over my WR fingertips !!! freshmen QB at work !!! i went 3 and out from there to lose a great game in which i had hopes for beating a top 10 team in my first year under Temple..what a heartbreaker....
by the way it did not feel as if i was cheated by the cpu AI either.. it was just a great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Heartbreaker in Philly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb
So im playing my dynasty with Temple, because i want the challenge of building a team up from 119 hopefully into the top 25 one day, and i get blown out at home against Buffalo 45-21. The only bright spot is my running game trio of my true freshman QB and my star senior RB and true freshmen RB.A combined total of 239 on the ground attack. Yet only 87 in the air!My second game was against # 1o Louisville at home. My run game showed up again and scorched them for 203 in the first half. i found myself winning 17-0 at the half and my D came to play today. Then the third began and my Offense sputtered and my D was trying to desperatley hang on. Louisville marched on every possession into the redzone and my D would have answer forcing 2 FG attempts in the third Q both missed ! Then my Offense just dissapeared and my D became TIRED. The louisville QB scorched my D and the RB ran all over me. Halfway thru the 4th its 17-14.Im hanging on with all i got i found my self playing against the clock rather then trying to move the ball as my Offense would not move.at the 2 minute mark Louisville marched and scored a TD making it 21-17 with 1:26 left.On my next possession first play i had 3 wide recievers stacked to the right.My 3rd string WR broke out and open all alone 30 yards downfield i threw it with no pressure at all and the ball sailed right over my WR fingertips !!! freshmen QB at work !!! i went 3 and out from there to lose a great game in which i had hopes for beating a top 10 team in my first year under Temple..what a heartbreaker....
by the way it did not feel as if i was cheated by the cpu AI either.. it was just a great game.
That's good stuff man. Like hearing exciting stuff like this from guys enjoying the game. Tough loss though.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey homie, I'm doing a Temple dynasty also. I'll probably jump ship after a couple years and go to another program.

I'm in season two already, and I play every game.

Your air attack will be solid. I don't know if you're still getting used to passing or not... but your major concern will be the blocking for the ground game. At least that's what I've struggled with.

That freshman quarterback is good, and he's a lot better for me in season two. I have a great TD to INT ratio.

I beat Buffalo in season 1, but got smoked by Lousiville 56-24 or something.

Do you have Navy at the end of the season? I can't remember if they were on the schedule or if I added them. If you play them, watch out... all they do is option, option, option. They beat me because I didn't adjust quick enough. Try QB contain and engage 8 on them... it was the only way I could stop them.

I also switched my defense to a 4-3.

I went 7-5 my first year, got a bowl invite and won.

Good luck!
Old 07-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rad
Hey homie, I'm doing a Temple dynasty also. I'll probably jump ship after a couple years and go to another program.

I'm in season two already, and I play every game.

Your air attack will be solid. I don't know if you're still getting used to passing or not... but your major concern will be the blocking for the ground game. At least that's what I've struggled with.

That freshman quarterback is good, and he's a lot better for me in season two. I have a great TD to INT ratio.

I beat Buffalo in season 1, but got smoked by Lousiville 56-24 or something.

Do you have Navy at the end of the season? I can't remember if they were on the schedule or if I added them. If you play them, watch out... all they do is option, option, option. They beat me because I didn't adjust quick enough. Try QB contain and engage 8 on them... it was the only way I could stop them.

I also switched my defense to a 4-3.

I went 7-5 my first year, got a bowl invite and won.

Good luck!
yea i think i know what u mean about the blocking in year 2.... almost all starters on the line are graduating...but thats why my in-season recruiting is goin to 80% of lineman !!! i like to plan ahead. hopefully i land 2 big guards both 4 stars from in state looks like a toss up between me and penn st. though. and im stickin with the 3-4 with all my speedy LB's
Old 07-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #5
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7

Sounded like a great game, and I know the frustrations! Believe me, I watch Temple as a semi-fan (moreso Rutgers), and am doing a dynasty with NM St. (ranked in 100s). Good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 08:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

My Campus legend took over Temple after graduation. Im in the second season my first season i was 8-4 with a win against Florida St in the Music City bowl. This season im 5-0 and beat #8 West Virginia and im ranked 29th. rest of the season i got cake games but i got Texas near the end
Old 07-28-2006, 10:10 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb
............................ what sliders do you use ?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
............................ what sliders do you use ?
playmakers AA level 3 sliders....IMO the best sliders ive ever used in ANY football game ! im not like other peeps on here that want to win 12-0 and the national championship every year. i want a challenge and these work

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »