Home

How do you stop the F'n PASS!?

This is a discussion on How do you stop the F'n PASS!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
How do you stop the F'n PASS!?

I'm playing on heisman using the_future420's sliders, and I can't stop the pass to save my life. I'm Army playing against Arkansas State, their starting QB is 10-15 for over 200 yards and 3 touchdowns. He got injured in the 1st and missed the entire second quarter. Well the backup QB game in(RS freshman) and he went 6-6 for 154 yards and 2 touchdowns. I am only a minute into the 3rd quarter and am losing 38-3.

No matter what I do, I cannot stop them. The QB always finds someone to throw to and the WR never drops it. My CBs also can't do anything, they basically just let the WR catch the ball, then let the WR run for 5 yards, and then if i'm lucky they will decide to tackle him. I've given up 3 passing TD's for over 45 yards.

I just don't know what to do, i'll double cover guys and they will still catch the ball and score, it's getting ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
Rookie

ejstory3's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How do you stop the F'n PASS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucre
I'm playing on heisman using the_future420's sliders, and I can't stop the pass to save my life. I'm Army playing against Arkansas State, their starting QB is 10-15 for over 200 yards and 3 touchdowns. He got injured in the 1st and missed the entire second quarter. Well the backup QB game in(RS freshman) and he went 6-6 for 154 yards and 2 touchdowns. I am only a minute into the 3rd quarter and am losing 38-3.

No matter what I do, I cannot stop them. The QB always finds someone to throw to and the WR never drops it. My CBs also can't do anything, they basically just let the WR catch the ball, then let the WR run for 5 yards, and then if i'm lucky they will decide to tackle him. I've given up 3 passing TD's for over 45 yards.

I just don't know what to do, i'll double cover guys and they will still catch the ball and score, it's getting ridiculous.
u got to mix in zone and zone blitz' to make the qb hurry is pass and throw to who he thinks is wide open. u sould get lucky and pick one or two off and be able to bat a few more passes down
Old 07-29-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

This will solve all your problems... restart the game but this time choose any team but ARMY
Old 07-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 24

You must get pressure on the QB.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:35 PM   #5
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

I've found that pressure helps...but you also need to look at your sliders, that can make all the difference.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Zone, zone, zone!!! I don't seem to have alot of success with man vs. the pass but zone work fairly well. Also, in definite passing situations I like to crash my DL. Originally I'd tell them to fan out but now I'll spread them out and have then crash in. It scares the hell outta the qb if they aren't composed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »