Home

Wow...4 OT's

This is a discussion on Wow...4 OT's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Wow...4 OT's

Just got done beating Auburn in my UF dynasty 43-40, in 4 OT. I was down 24-7 midway through the 3rd quarter before clawing back into it to score the tying TD with 44 seconds left.

Auburn tried to march down the field with the time remaining, and Cox got hit as he threw and overthrew Kenny Irons right into Reggie Nelson's waiting arms who returned it to the Auburn 35 yard line with around 20 seconds left. I ran a few plays up the middle and got set up for a 47 yard FG as time expired. It was up and it was good, but wait, holding. Now this is where it got weird. I figured I would have a shot at a 57 yarder or a hailmary since they took the penalty to negate my FG. However, the game ended and we went to OT. Does anyone know if that is right?

I ended up winning in the 4th OT when I kicked a FG and then Everitt picked off a Cox pass down near the goal line to win the game. Longest game I have ever played..and one of the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #2
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Wow...4 OT's

Sounds like a lot of fun, I haven't gone to OT yet(I was REALLY close last game I played though). Did you get a ESPN Instant Classic rating for it?

Games can't end on a defensive penalty, but I don't think you get another chance to run an offensive play if you are the one who committed the penalty, I think the game was right in your case.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:12 AM   #3
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1847
Sounds like a lot of fun, I haven't gone to OT yet(I was REALLY close last game I played though). Did you get a ESPN Instant Classic rating for it?

Games can't end on a defensive penalty, but I don't think you get another chance to run an offensive play if you are the one who committed the penalty, I think the game was right in your case.
It was rated my ESPN classic #1 with a score of 777. I really expected it to be higher.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #4
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

That seems really low for a game like that. That Greatest Games thing seems to have some problems every year, a cool feature though.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had a five OT with Mid Tenn (me) against Maryland. I ended up losing the game. Nerve racking to say the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #6
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Comebacks, close high scoring games and last second TD's will give you greatest game scores of 1000+.

Just beat Texas with Iowa State, 47-46. Scored the winning TD's with about 20 seconds left. My GG score was 1750.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 07-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #7
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlover
I had a five OT with Mid Tenn (me) against Maryland. I ended up losing the game. Nerve racking to say the least.
I had a 5 OT game as well. Playing with WVU against So. Cal. I was up midway through the 35-10 midway thru the 3rd quarter. I stopped being aggressive on the offensive side of the ball and the Trojans came storming back. I was still up 7 with 10 seconds to go in regulation and USC was on their on 40 yard line. I was in prevent defense and they STILL completed a bomb for a last second TD to go to OT.

Ater still being tied after 2 OTs I got the ball first in the 3rd OT. I thought the game was over b/c I threw a INT trying to hit the TE over the middle. So. Cal drove down inside the 10, and my linebacker made a miraculous INT to save the day and keep the game going. I eventually won in the 5th OT by getting a TD and 2pt. conversion when I got the ball first. Then came up with a INT to end the game.

My GG score was like 2280+. Was the first time I've gone in OT were it went more than 2 extra possesions. I would have been soooo mad at myself if I lost that game. Gotta love college football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »