Home

Man vs. Zone Coverage

This is a discussion on Man vs. Zone Coverage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Man vs. Zone Coverage

It seems like when I'm in man the cpu QB ALWAYS makes a good throw and completes passes. Even when the matchup stick tells me that my secondary is better than their WRs I still can't run man coverage. However, when I run zone coverage my pass defense is pretty good. I'm on current gen so I don't have the extra player ratings for man/zone coverage.

Has anyone else noticed this? It's really frustrating because you either get run on or you get passed on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Man vs. Zone Coverage

Current gen? Really? I'm also on current and I can't play zone to save my life. Manning up is all I can do, with some double coverage on a great CPU receiver. Maybe it's a personnel thing...
Old 07-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I generally only run man when I'm blitzing, or when the zone isn't working and feel I should change things up.

Overall, I'd say the CPU passing game is pretty accurate no matter what D you play; penetration and pressure is the real key to stopping the pass.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I haven't noticed a huge difference either way, except that I am more vulnerable to the deep pass when in zone because I often get stuck one-on-one with the safety against the wide reciever, especially in cover 2.

I like to run a cover three and make sure that none of my defenders have too far to run to get to their responsibility, flipping the play one way or the other. When I'm against a good reciever, like Ted Ginn, I run a lot of man and double him. The Nickel Man Double Z is good because it has man coverage with a double team on a wideout and instead of a blitz, it has a safety deep. I've held Ginn to 1 catch for 15 yards in 2 games in my dynasty. This past game I didn't even have to do much double teaming because I had Justin King covering him and he seemed to do a decent job on his own, so I just doubled in obvious passing situations.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:13 PM   #5
Rookie

common-sense's Arena

OVR: 4

zone has been wroking alot better for me.

how do you adjust your dfense to double cover a wr???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2006, 10:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by common-sense
zone has been wroking alot better for me.

how do you adjust your dfense to double cover a wr???
Pretty sure you have to call a play that features a double coverage in order for it to happen. No Playmaker Double Cover in this game, I'm sure.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:38 PM   #7
Rookie

common-sense's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0trainer
Pretty sure you have to call a play that features a double coverage in order for it to happen. No Playmaker Double Cover in this game, I'm sure.
kinda stupid. you've been able to adjust to double cover in madden for a while now.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Yeah i find myself using man only when I am in a run stopping/blitzing situation. I would say that I run zone 90% of the time. Either a cover 2 or cover 3 depending on how many receivers are on the field. It sems as though any route can burn a man defense even when you have a good CB on a average WR. I play with Notre Dame btw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »