Home

This game made me REALLY angry for the first time.

This is a discussion on This game made me REALLY angry for the first time. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 02:41 PM   #57
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: This game made me REALLY angry for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
The one thing I can compare this to is getting beat by a lesser team against an online player. I'm not talking about someone cheesing their way to victory or anything. Just a good online player who knows how to use his team ... sometimes they can step up and call a great game, make some great plays, take a lead, and get you pressing. That can turn into a blowout or an unexpected game.

However, that feeling is nothing even close to what happens when the cpu does it to you. It doesn't feel prescripted or like cheating when an actual human being steps up and upsets someone.

So yes, you can lose and tip your cap to the other team. Followed by you going into practice mode to figure out what you did wrong or where you can get better. That's not the same reaction I have when the CPU decides to roll out its "act".

Now I am not expecting that you can program the cpu opponent as well as a human opponent, but there has to be somewhere inbetween or somewhere better than where we are now.
Well said. I hear that.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #58
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

I almost pulled what this crazy kat did, I didn't restart, but I was Florida State going up against Western Mich, and I am 10-0 at this point, and my next game is against Florida, so I think I am the big bad wolf and going to blow them out of my stadium. Well they jump up on me 14-0 in the 1st quarter, and I am like, you got to be kidding me. Well I make a sexy comeback and go up 20-14 at the half. Then in the 3rd quarter they go up 28-20, and I am getting all panicky, but I have not lost my cool yet. So I score a TD on an INT and go for the 2 point conversion. I miss it, and it is 28-26 and time is ticking away. I stuff them on a long 3rd down, and they punt. My guy fumbles on the punt........but thankfully recovers. I get the drive to the 25 yard line and kick a field goal with 30 seconds to go. 29-28, I stuff their last hurrah, and I pull off a comeback against Western Mich. Now I have Florida, if I win, I will be in the NC!
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 07-31-2006, 03:03 PM   #59
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
I almost pulled what this crazy kat did, I didn't restart, but I was Florida State going up against Western Mich, and I am 10-0 at this point, and my next game is against Florida, so I think I am the big bad wolf and going to blow them out of my stadium. Well they jump up on me 14-0 in the 1st quarter, and I am like, you got to be kidding me. Well I make a sexy comeback and go up 20-14 at the half. Then in the 3rd quarter they go up 28-20, and I am getting all panicky, but I have not lost my cool yet. So I score a TD on an INT and go for the 2 point conversion. I miss it, and it is 28-26 and time is ticking away. I stuff them on a long 3rd down, and they punt. My guy fumbles on the punt........but thankfully recovers. I get the drive to the 25 yard line and kick a field goal with 30 seconds to go. 29-28, I stuff their last hurrah, and I pull off a comeback against Western Mich. Now I have Florida, if I win, I will be in the NC!

Does the ACC not have a championship game?

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-31-2006, 03:15 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

but you have to consider all the times when youre teams appears superhuman and you beat others teams. im sure the CPU feels cheated and would restart the game if they could.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:17 PM   #61
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
but you have to consider all the times when youre teams appears superhuman and you beat others teams. im sure the CPU feels cheated and would restart the game if they could.
I do if I'm playing a good team.

PS: Who is that delectable young lady in your avatar? Egads!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 03:20 PM   #62
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
You act as if I'm someone who just discovered the internet and found that because other people are saying a game has a "comeback code" that I've begun using it as an excuse every time I lose. For the third time, this is not the case. It has nothing to do with a comeback code. It has to do with impossible situations where the computer's players defy the basic laws of this planet in order to win.
You said the game rarely beats you without cheating. Now you're saying you aren't using the cpu cheating as an excuse every time you lose. I feel like I'm going around in circles with you lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
Ugh. This is kind of like trying to explain why the ocean is salty to my six year old nephew. It'd be really nice if you understood the context of what I said, but since you obviously do not, let me break it down for you.

I would LOVE IT if the computer would out-gameplan me and force me to adjust to win games. Losing like that is not the problem. My problem, as I clearly stated earlier, is that is NOT how the CPU normally wins games. They win games by doing the laundry list of things I mentioned earlier along with many others. This does not apply when I take Toledo and get beaten by 40 points by Ohio State because they out-talent me or if I throw a pass into double coverage to kill a game-tying drive when I'm using OSU on the road against Penn State. I'm only talking about games when my team is better and the nonsense begins from kickoff and last all 60 minutes. That is what I hate.
Even if the computer legitimately beat you (aka everytime it does) you'd assume the loss was due to comeback code or whatever else you want to blame it on. If you want the CPU to legitimately beat you stop looking for reasons and making up conspiracy theories every time you lose. It's all in your head. If you believe in UFOs and look into the sky enough you'll eventually see funny lights. If you think the comeback code exists eventually the computer will bloew you out or come from behind and you'll think you saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
Also, you asked the post creator if he resets games where he's killing the CPU. Well, I do. When I'm playing a team like Michigan with Ohio State and I'm beating them 34-7 in the third quarter because Chad Henne has thrown five interceptions into the chest of my ILB, I reset the game. When RB #5 for Kansas State ran for 195 yards in the first half against Texas, I reset the game. I like big games to be fair and well-played by both sides.
What is a fair game? In a perfect world a B+ team would take a B+ team to OT every time since they're essentially equals, but that obviously isn't how football works. It's entirely realistic that Chad Henne loses his composure and throws five ints, especially on a video game where composure is a variable and can be accurately measured. It's entirely realistic that OSU blows out Mich or that Kansas State's RB gets some good runs and puts up big numbers on a good defense. Stuff happens, that's why we watch the game instead of writing one team off before it starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
Well, I have been taking quite a bit of LSD lately and when I do that, I tend to mix it with ether and mescaline. After all, "once you get locked into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

My computer screen just turned into a giant lizard...and he's wearing very large sunglasses.
This doesn't sound any crazier than you insisting the CPU is cheating you. Take this for what it's worth lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
Oh, rest assured I'm not angry, I'm just not going to reply to your attitude regarding other people's opinions because I don't want anyone to think that I've insulted or wronged you in any way.

How about you just accept that people like to come to places like this to vent their (usually legitimate) frustrations and move on with your life instead of typing out 500 word diatribes implying that everyone is an excuse-making loser but you? It's really frustrating to read.

Now if you'll excuse me, I really need to get some work done so I can go home at 5:00 and take some more drugs...the ones in my system are beginning to wear off.
I'm not implying everyone is an excuse-making loser beisdes me. All I'm saying is the comeback code does not exist in any form (it's just a figment of peoples imagination), and that people complain about it on every sports game even though it's not there. I already proved the latter, and the it's up to you to prove that the comeback code exists. But all you seem to be able to do is cite a bunch of games you lost that didn't have anything to do with the CPU cheating you.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #63
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas

The cpu also helps you out for some odd reason. I guess to help balance out the gameplay.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #64
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Does the ACC not have a championship game?
they do, but i beat the best they have to offer, I am not going to lose! haha
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »