Home

Defending the pass tip

This is a discussion on Defending the pass tip within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 01:59 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Defending the pass tip

out of bordome earlier this week i tried out the spring drills and eventually got to the pass defense drill. Too my surpise it was very challenging and it really helped me out in terms of being a better defender when it came to manually defending the pass.

I hadnt realized how differently you have to defend the pass on this one in comparison Madden. If your like me you always seemed out of place or your player reacted in absolutly the wrong way whenever you were trying to make a play on the ball. Well the thing is you cant go for the ball as the reciever goes for the ball, the reciever will win that battle 9-10 times, even with the best corners against the worst recievers, i think that is a flaw in the game but thats how it works.

What if figured from the passing drill is that if you try to make a play on the ball at the same time or in the same position as the reciever you will always mess up, however if you try to make a play on the ball early your chances of sucess are much greater, i played the drill for an hour before i got nearly 5000 points in one try after i figured the proper technique for defending the pass.

So bassically what im saying is instead of hitting the Y or Triangle button when the ball is almost to you and the reciever, hit it a second earlier then you usually would and the defender will make an more agressive play comming towards the ball in stead of running down feild more, greatly improving your chances fo an interception of deflection
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »