Home

Blocking Punts and Kicks

This is a discussion on Blocking Punts and Kicks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Blocking Punts and Kicks

Lately I've been controlling the DLman in front of the center and using JTS. I've gotten pretty close a couple times. Punts I'm clueless. I've yet to block any sort of kick. What's the strategy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Blocking Punts and Kicks

I have blocked plenty of kicks and XPs, but no punts as of yet.

I usually try to JTS and then get as close as I can and jump. They are common this year.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Blocking Punts and Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
I have blocked plenty of kicks and XPs, but no punts as of yet.

I have blocked a $#!Tload of fg's and xp's. I had a game where i blocked two XP's and a FG all by the same guy. It is always the second guy from the left edge who bursts through. For ND, he is a LB#52. Anyway, what I usually do is control the guy furthest on the right, ususally a corner, and try to speed burst through and press dive to block the kick. But i never get through with my corner, so I switch players as the ball is about to be kicked, and usually my LB is already through the line. Then press dive and hopefully you will block it. Not sure how understandable that was but ...yeah thats what I do.

As far as punts go, I have not blocked one yet, but the cpu has blocked one of mine. I really haven't came THAT close to getting a block either. It seems like I can never just come through clean using JTS and time it right.

Last edited by the_future420; 07-31-2006 at 03:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »