Home

I just proved that Momentum isn't a game killer, came back from 18 down @ Miami!

This is a discussion on I just proved that Momentum isn't a game killer, came back from 18 down @ Miami! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 06:31 PM   #9
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I just proved that Momentum isn't a game killer, came back from 18 down @ Miami!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
The following game was played on HEISMAN difficulty.

So, I'm playing in Year 3 of my Hokies dynasty, and I'm trailing @ 8-1 Miami 14-6 at halftime. I received the second half kickoff, and FUMBLE! Miami recovers, and I hold them to a field goal. 17-6, full momentum in Miami's favor. The kick off, and wouldn't you know it, but FUMBLE! Miami recovers AGAIN, 2 plays later, it's 24-6, and the crowd is going nuts. I think "Great, I'm screwed", since Momentum is now kicking my ***.

Well, I decided to send pressure from my nickel and dime backs, and manually control my linebackers, and wouldn't you know it, after 4 Miami third quarter possessions, in which they go punt, fumble (I recovered), punt, INT, I get the game to 24-22. I end up scoring again, to make it 28-24, and, late in the 4th, I am about to hit a field goal to make it 31-24, but I completely botch it, and miss. The next play, I comitt to the run on a play action pass, and give up a 80 yard TD pass.....

31-28 Miami, all the momentum in their favor. I drive down the field late in the game, and tie it with a field goal with 32 seconds left. Momentum still with the Canes. Well, 15 seconds left, their QB throws his 4th INT of the game, thanks to some nice pass rush, and I end up kicking a game winning 50 yard field goal!

I conquered the Momentum System. I conquered the Hurricanes.
Good stuff man. Great comeback. Didn't even hit the "reset" button...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »