Home

Not impressed with 2007 for xbox at ALL

This is a discussion on Not impressed with 2007 for xbox at ALL within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2006, 05:24 AM   #9
Rookie

OleMissRebel10's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Not impressed with 2007 for xbox at ALL

I like the xbox one but the 360 is awesome...nice Avatar NBASLAM
Old 08-01-2006, 06:36 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan
I feel like its the same thing over and over. I feel like absent the momentum feature, I'm still playing the SAME NCAA that I have played on the xbox for 5 years.
I don't think you have played this game very much then. While the general feel of the game is very similar, the game has changed and improved. The more you play it, the more you will see this. Furthermore, AA default last year was much easier than AA default this year as the human running game was far too easy in 2006 on AA. Not so this year.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:55 AM   #11
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Just played 3 games against my boy who got the game. All I can say is that this game was very UNDWEWHELMING for me. I feel like its the same thing over and over. I feel like absent the momentum feature, I'm still playing the SAME NCAA that I have played on the xbox for 5 years. Same intros, same comentary, same cheese tactics work every year, same mario running, same tacking system, same this, same that. I realize alot of things are going to remain the same by utlizing the same game engine year in and year out, but to me its just a very lazy effort on the part of the game designers.

If yall like it then so be ii, but I think I'm gonna have to wait for a 360 or ps3 to enjoy football again.

I felt the same way after a few games. While I was waiting on updated rosters, I messed around with exhibition and campus legend. I couldn't tell the differences until I got into the dynasty mode.

Once I played a season, the following things have me hooked:
1. Different tackling animations
2. CPU runs a lot more
3. Momentum (while overdone at times) makes more games a challange
4. I won the National Championship without many individual awards for my players. I like the fact that I don't feel like I'm dominating every aspect of the game. Even though I have an NC, I still have awards and other accomplishments to shoot for. I didn't even have one player in the finalists for the Heisman.

But, I can see where you're coming from. If you mostly play exhibition and head to head, then you may not see a big difference in the game.

Last edited by lav; 08-01-2006 at 06:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 09:02 AM   #12
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

I really don't see where people get the idea it's the same old, same old. This is one of the biggest jumps in overall quality and additions ever. The Campus Legend mode, though still somewhat flawed, is much improved. The playbooks are great, and on the field, there are so many new tackling animations, it's like last year's game didn't even exist. It's a totally new game.

I have both versions, play both extensively for different reasons, and I can tell you that if you don't get in the mindset that the 360 is football nirvana (which any honest person will tell you it isn't), you will enjoy what the current gen game brings to the table. It is that good. Just look past the graphics. If you can't, then don't bother, as nothing they do with the current gen game will satisfy you.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #13
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I have both versions, play both extensively for different reasons, and I can tell you that if you don't get in the mindset that the 360 is football nirvana (which any honest person will tell you it isn't), you will enjoy what the current gen game brings to the table. It is that good. Just look past the graphics. If you can't, then don't bother, as nothing they do with the current gen game will satisfy you.
I think that's the first time I've seen it put that way. Most of the guys here that I know that love football have got to be intelligent enough to see all the flaws the 360 version has. It goes way beyond bad collision detection, too.
The 360 version isn't even close to being a "really good" football game.

Go through these Xbox vs. 360 version threads and the most common reason that people will give for not playing the Xbox version is "I can't stomach those graphics anymore". The fact is, the Xbox version doesn't look bad at all. I have a 50 inch LCD tv and while the 360 version is absolutely stunning on it, the Xbox version doesn't look too shabby. But it's like you said, people that just wanted to like the 360 version and/or no longer have Xboxs, just can't be honest for whatever reasons. I've played about 12 games on the 360 version and probably the same amount on the Xbox version and it is not even close which game plays the better game of football. I'm not talking about extra features or magazines or any of the extra crap...I'm talking on the field gameplay. The Xbox version is so much better in almost every way.

The sad thing is, it's going to be the same way with Madden. Same engine, same problems.

Last edited by Badgun; 08-01-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #14
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Stepping aside from the whole xbox vs 360 version thing, there is no way 07 xbox is not a huge upgrade over 06 xbox. The presence of a new found short passing game, and the fact the CPU actually take advantage of this makes 07 and 06 night and day. There was no balance at all to 06's offense, 07 is balance central. It makes for far more realistic games. Of course though, NCAA will be NCAA. Some games get out on control and some do get pretty frustrating, but I can get pretty frustrated at real life football too. We want realism, right?

Even with that aside, the feel is different for sure. I noticed right away the tweaks they did to the tackling animations. I see VERY few tackles that don't retain some sort of believable momentum. Outside of the occasional odd hitstick, the vast majority of tackles look and feel far more realistic.

If you didn't like 06 then you won't like 07, but if you felt 06 was just a pinch away from greatness then 07 will be a huge improvement. Just remember though, it's still the same crazy NCAA - some people see it as a charm, while others can't stand it. I can fit both of the descriptions
Old 08-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissRebel10
I like the xbox one but the 360 is awesome...nice Avatar NBASLAM
LOL read my sig.

I'm just gonna wear it for a litttle while.

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Just played 3 games against my boy who got the game. All I can say is that this game was very UNDWEWHELMING for me. I feel like its the same thing over and over. I feel like absent the momentum feature, I'm still playing the SAME NCAA that I have played on the xbox for 5 years. Same intros, same comentary, same cheese tactics work every year, same mario running, same tacking system, same this, same that. I realize alot of things are going to remain the same by utlizing the same game engine year in and year out, but to me its just a very lazy effort on the part of the game designers.

If yall like it then so be ii, but I think I'm gonna have to wait for a 360 or ps3 to enjoy football again.
to each his own.

I personally think that this is the best NCAA Football title that I have played since 2004. I don't know, just with all the new features, the lack of dropped passes, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the fact that simmed stats are realistic again, I find it very enjoyable.

But different people have different tastes, so good luck with getting a 360 and/or PS3

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »