Home

Anyone play games with HBCU's ???

This is a discussion on Anyone play games with HBCU's ??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 09:07 PM   #1
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Anyone play games with HBCU's ???

I've been playing with random teams lately, but it has always been with D-1 teams. Last night after watching the movie Drumline I decided to play a HBCU matchup....Bethune-Cookman vs. FAMU. Ended up being a shootout as neither team's defense was able to stop the opposing RB. Both teams had over 400 yards rushing. I won 56-49.

For some reason, I thought I heard some drum cadences during the game that I hadn't heard before. I was curious as too how many of the fight songs/drum cadences are from D-II schools and HBCUs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Anyone play games with HBCU's ???

I always thought so...
Old 09-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
I've been playing with random teams lately, but it has always been with D-1 teams. Last night after watching the movie Drumline I decided to play a HBCU matchup....Bethune-Cookman vs. FAMU. Ended up being a shootout as neither team's defense was able to stop the opposing RB. Both teams had over 400 yards rushing. I won 56-49.

For some reason, I thought I heard some drum cadences during the game that I hadn't heard before. I was curious as too how many of the fight songs/drum cadences are from D-II schools and HBCUs?
I don't know about all the D-1aa schools, but I know for sure that all the bands that was in EA Sports' battle of the bands in 05 have their cadences and fight songs so that would be Bethune-Cookman, Southern, Texas Southern, Grambling, and Jackson State

also I think EA just added some new cadences also, and some of then are believed to be from Black colleges
Old 09-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #4
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3

Someone should do a dynasty with them and only recruit african-american players, except kickers. That would be interesting.

I like that EA added the rivalry games for the SWAC and other HBC conferences last year, and I'm assuming they're in again this year.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, even being a white guy from an HBCU (Texas Southern), I love playing as my school. I like to use them and Texas, whom I have loved since birth.
Rice, 69-21-1 (W 52-10)
Arkansas, 56-21-0 (W 52-10)
Colorado, 10-7-0 (W 38-14)
OU, 58-40-5 (W 45-35)
Mizzou, 15-5-0
Oklahoma St, 20-2-0
Texas Tech, 43-14-0
Baylor, 71-22-4
Kansas, 6-2-0
Texas A&M, 73-36-5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #6
Rookie

mierk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanDC8
Well, even being a white guy from an HBCU (Texas Southern), I love playing as my school. I like to use them and Texas, whom I have loved since birth.
Ha...wow, what was that like? My aunt taught for decades at Hampton, and up till her death was disappointed that I went to Arizona St. instead of Hampton or Morehouse or Grambling. Growing up as one of the few black guys at whatever school I went to my whole life, I always wonder what it would have been like on the flipside of that coin.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedShades
Someone should do a dynasty with them and only recruit african-american players, except kickers. That would be interesting.

I like that EA added the rivalry games for the SWAC and other HBC conferences last year, and I'm assuming they're in again this year.

Hahahaha,

I just might do this
Old 09-03-2006, 06:26 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Whenever my alma mater, North Carolina Central, lands in a conference (more than likely the MEAC) in 2008 I'll definately be running my dynasties with them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »