Home

The Spring Game

This is a discussion on The Spring Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
The Spring Game

I finally finished my first season last night and recruited all my new players. So tonight when I play my Spring Game is next. I was just wondering what all comes out of the game. Is it just going to be a normal game setting and what are the teams like (first team offense vs first team defense?)? Do I need to play a lot of players in order to get them some rating increases or is it all just pre-destined improvements? Anyway, just looking for some tips before I play it tonight if it really matters.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Spring Game

Play the guys you want to improve. How they do in the game helps determine their off-season improvement. You play two 5 min quarters. One with your 1st team defense and 1 with your offense. I didn't play anybody that was already ranked very high, I played the guys that needed it more that might start for me the next year so they would have the best chance for improvement.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

also take note.....all of the kids you just recruited will not be there since most kids actually don't enroll into school into the summer, they will not be available until AFTER they have enrolled which happens after the game....
Old 08-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Thanks guys, that's the kind of info I was looking for

If my new recruits aren't going to be in the game, I'm not going to have a kicker because both my punter and kicker graduated, LOL

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

Last edited by aukevin; 08-01-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

You don't need them...there are no kickoffs, no punts, and no field goals, so you will be ok.....but if you don't have enough players at other positions, it will put someone on your team there.
Don't be surprised to see a CB or a TE playing WR....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I think your inseason recruits should be in the Spring Game.

Sometimes, dont players go to school early if they've got the credits to graduate HS early? And do those players play in the spring game?(I'm not sure if they do, just seems liek they would)
Old 08-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #7
Rookie

buckeye726's Arena

OVR: 2

geno, yes some players are able to graduate early. This Ohio State had 3 that I can think of in RB-Chris Wells, LB-Ross Homan, CB-Kurt Coleman, It'd be neat to be able to have 1 or 2 of your recruits graduate early and come in. Like you could only pick 2 out of your 15 or 20
Old 08-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #8
Rookie

MattCoz's Arena

OVR: 2

Having mid-year guys would be a great improvement for this game. This would add a lot more to the in-season recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »