Home

Workhorse RBs

This is a discussion on Workhorse RBs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Workhorse RBs

I personally like to run the ball and if possible, have one main back to be my workhorse. In my Wake Forest dynasty, my impact running back is Micah Andrews who is physical and rarely needs a breather. I have been abusing him quite regularly. He has gotten 35 and 33 carries in the last two games. Overall he has carried the ball 184 times for 975 yards (5.3 a pop) through 7 games with just 3 or 4 fumbles. That's averaging just over 26 carries a game but since he got hurt early in one game (only 9 carries), he's actually averaging over 29 carries a game. Combine that with a few receptions a game, his shelf life after college may be short. Anyone else like to pound the rock with a workhorse?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Workhorse RBs

I want to, but it's so easy for me to abuse it with Brian Leonard, he always bounces off the first and second tackler and by the time he is tackled, its a 8 yard gain.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #3
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

I like using Darren McFadden for Arkansas. And if for some crazy reason he actually needs a breather I have Felix Jones to put in his place. Then their is FB Peyton Hillis who is like putting a semi truck in to make the holes for your tailback. He also has the ability to gain some major yardage.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:59 AM   #4
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

There is nothing better than that feeling of having the defense reeling after pounding the ball at them 30 times and then you go ahead and keep running at them. I love the big backs who can just pound it into the teeth of the defense for 35+ carries.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #5
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit4lcowboy
I like using Darren McFadden for Arkansas. And if for some crazy reason he actually needs a breather I have Felix Jones to put in his place. Then their is FB Peyton Hillis who is like putting a semi truck in to make the holes for your tailback. He also has the ability to gain some major yardage.
ditto

except sometime i give the ball to Hillis more than McFadden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Tony Hunt, Tony Hunt, Tony Hunt!!!! I was playing a guy online who had Michigan and Tony ran over the first defender all the time and was trucking for yards when he was tackled. The guy was like who is he I said Jamaal Lewis, Stephen Davis, and Jerome Bettis!!!!

Favorite Teams:
NBA: New York Knicks
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 08-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I personally like to run the ball and if possible, have one main back to be my workhorse. In my Wake Forest dynasty, my impact running back is Micah Andrews who is physical and rarely needs a breather. I have been abusing him quite regularly. He has gotten 35 and 33 carries in the last two games. Overall he has carried the ball 184 times for 975 yards (5.3 a pop) through 7 games with just 3 or 4 fumbles. That's averaging just over 26 carries a game but since he got hurt early in one game (only 9 carries), he's actually averaging over 29 carries a game. Combine that with a few receptions a game, his shelf life after college may be short. Anyone else like to pound the rock with a workhorse?

I just played Wake in my Ole Miss dynasty yesterday. Andrews is a workhorse. I was getting annoyed because he never seems to get fatigued. Wake stayed in the game because of him, as their QB and receivers are pretty bad.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

miami has some fairly nice RB's when you get to the 3rd season in dynasty. I've got a 95 ovr FB and a couple 90 ovr RB's that I can pound the defense with all day.

it's great....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »