Home

Play Every Game?

This is a discussion on Play Every Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Play Every Game?

This forum has been great with ideas regarding how to have a good dynasty experience, from recruiting strategies, to sliders, etc.

Now, what are your thoughts on playing v. simming games in a dynasty. In the past, if I play every game, I tend to get burned out on the game. Let me know your view...

Play all? Play most, sim sure fire wins?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Play Every Game?

I sim cupcake games, usually. Nothing less enjoyable than taking a 44-0 halftime lead and having to essentially 'wait' a half hour for the game to end.

And, believe it or not, I sim roughly half my bowl games. After playing the Ohio State game, I feel like the season's over, and unless I'm going for a 10-win season or a NC, the bowl game just gets in the way of getting the next season started.

Otherwise, I play them all.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:01 AM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

To avoid getting burned out this year I'm going to try playing no more than one game per day (and only on six minute quarters).

I like being in complete control (and knowledge) of my statistics and injuries. Nothing is more annoying than simming a game and having your studs get injured.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I play every single game. Always have, always will.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #5
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
To avoid getting burned out this year I'm going to try playing no more than one game per day (and only on six minute quarters).

I like being in complete control (and knowledge) of my statistics and injuries. Nothing is more annoying than simming a game and having your studs get injured.
actually - injuries are a reason that i do feel like simming gives a better experience. Part of the challenge always is being forced to play unproven players because of injuries. and, i still don't get many injuries during games played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
actually - injuries are a reason that i do feel like simming gives a better experience. Part of the challenge always is being forced to play unproven players because of injuries. and, i still don't get many injuries during games played.
I do rosters, and play all games the first four seasons. That usually gets me to Madden time and then I will play big and rivalry games and sim others to keep in step with my Madden franchise. 2010-2010, 2011-2011, etc....
Old 08-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I play every game, but my only interest is in playing my teams season out. I really appreciate that EA put the options in to have the CPU do the off-field coaching stuff. Once I finish the first season I'll start up the next one, as long as I'm interested. It's fun to try and improve on the season record.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #8
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

I can't stand not being in complete control of my team's destiny so I play every game. Don't want the cpu deciding an upset for me....other than the all might momentum meter of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »